Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/10/2022 4:54:16 PM(EST)
jenrec

United States

I've been using the maestro designer for a while now and just recently the labels started printing either lower and to the left, or lower and to the right, cutting some of the wording off. 99% of the time I use the template OL325, but I have also used OL5375 and it was not centered with that one. It does print correctly using OL1150. I still use the same "files" that I've had for a while, and I use the same computer and printer as I normally use. Any ideas on what might be the problem?
#2 Posted : 8/11/2022 4:30:52 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you're experiencing. You can view troubleshooting techniques for some of the most common alignment problems by visiting our label printing alignment guide at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide

Misalignment tends to be more noticeable on round labels when compared directly to rectangular labels, especially when printing close to the edge of the label. Here are a few things to try that may improve your results:

- Before trying anything else, ensure that page scaling is disabled within your print options. Page scaling causes non-uniform misalignment. Basically, the labels at the center of the page will look like they're nearly perfectly aligned, but the alignment will get worse as you move away from the center. Based on the fact that your OL1150 labels are printing correctly, I'm guessing that page scaling isn't the issue here - but it's something you'll definitely want to confirm before proceeding.

- Try adjusting the paper type setting in your print options to a heavier setting like glossy, photo, or labels. A small amount of unavoidable shifting occurs as sheets feed through a printer, especially when using a heavier, specialty material like label paper. That shifting can result in misalignment that can definitely look more significant on round labels than rectangular labels. Adjusting the paper type setting to a heavier option will slow the paper feed down, which can reduce the amount of shifting that occurs and improve the alignment on your printed labels.

- It's possible that your design may be coming too close to the edge of the round labels, which can exacerbate alignment issues. You should ensure that you're designing within the safe zone of your template within Maestro Label Designer. To enable the safe zone you'll need to click on "View" and then toggle on the "Show bleed and safe zone" selection within that menu. Once enabled, you'll notice a dotted gray line within the label cell. If you have any text or design elements beyond that dotted gray line, you should try to bring them in closer to the center of the label. Keeping your design elements within the designated safe zone can nullify alignment issues caused by printer shifting to some degree.

- If you're still experiencing uniform misalignment after following the steps listed above, you may need to adjust the page margins of your design to account for the misalignment that is occurring. You can find instructions on adjusting your page margins in section 2 of the alignment guide linked to above.

If you've gone through all of these suggestions and still need assistance, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so that one of our team members can personally assist you in optimizing your design and improving the print alignment. You can submit a support ticket by visiting the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 8/29/2023 10:11:48 PM(EST)
dianefs

Exact same issue, same labels. Used them for years without a problem
#4 Posted : 8/30/2023 8:22:42 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the alignment of your labels. I see that you had reached out by email with some more details on the print being stretched, printing too far left and too far right. When printing from Maestro Label Designer, a PDF image is generated. To print this in proper alignment with the label sheets, you'll want to check your printer settings to make sure Actual Size is selected if using Adobe Reader or the scale is set to 100%. If you've already done this and the problem persists, take a look at the properties or preferences in your print dialog box for any resizing options that may have been selected. If you see that Borderless Printing is checked, deselect this as it causes the PDF image to stretch, which changes the spacing between labels. Once those settings are verified, run a test print on plain paper. You can then hold the printed sheet against a blank label sheet to confirm the alignment is correct.

I hope this info helps you solve the problem. If you need any other guidance, just let me know.