Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/29/2023 12:48:14 PM(EST)
lorill78

United States

I was having page scaling issues on a Brother MFC-L3770CDW. I updated everything and was still having issues, but printing on my husband's HP printer was fine. The Brother is 6+ years old, so I went ahead and bought a new Brother HL-L3270CDW. I'm still having the same issues of page scaling. Everything has been done to update drivers, software, etc. I've printed from web page, I've printed from Adobe/pdf, and still page scaling. And yet, it's still printing fine on husband's HP. There is something going on with the Brother printers, and Brother cannot figure it out either.
Anyone have the same issues?
#2 Posted : 1/30/2023 8:59:14 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you have experienced and will be happy to offer any help that I can. I have included a few steps below that can help resolve most alignment issues, some of these you may have already attempted, along with some questions to help me better identify the cause of the issue. We can also work through this with you over the phone if you prefer at 1-888-575-2235.

• Stack your sheets neatly and evenly in the printer tray so that they feed as straight as possible into the printer.
  • Select the "Download and Print" option from the "Print" menu and print your design from Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is the recommended PDF viewer for use with Maestro Label Designer.
  • In your print dialog box, confirm that "Actual Size" is selected and that "Fit to Page" (or "Page Scaling") is unchecked.
  • Click into "Preferences" or "Advanced Options" from your print dialog box and adjust the paper or media type. Selecting a heavier material type like labels, cardstock, or transparency can slow down the printing speed, decreasing some of the sheet's shifting.
To better address the issue, can you let me know if the print is shifting uniformly in one direction (too far left/right/up/down) or if the alignment appears to drift down the sheet? Is the same device used to print to the Brother and HP printers you've tested with?

You may want to also want to consider reinstalling the printer drivers. In many cases where the correct settings are selected but the template is still scaling, reinstalling the printer driver will resolve the issue.
#3 Posted : 1/30/2023 4:15:36 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I haven't personally experienced this with the Brother printers that I've used, but it sounds like a unique issue and I was curious to see if I could find any other instances being reported. It appears to be a relatively common issue that's associated with installing the printer driver recommended by Windows. Manually installing the Brother software package for your printer instead of relying upon the Windows recommendation seems to have resolved the issue for a number of users on a Reddit thread I was able to locate. You can access the thread for additional details below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/mxyrh0/solved_brother_printer_doesnt_print_exact_actual/

I haven't had the opportunity to test this fix, but the results sound promising based on some of the replies in the Reddit thread. I hope this helps you resolve your issue. Please just let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: rebeccala