Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/8/2023 7:31:55 PM(EST)
BagelRun

United States

I wanted to ask about the Weatherproof Matte for Inkjet sticker paper. I know one of my favorite sticker shops uses this paper, to create colored stickers for planners. After printing, they also add black elements to it using a laser printer, which can then be foiled using something like a Minc machine.

So my question is, although the Weatherproof Matte for Inkjet is mentioned for use in most inkjet printers, does it also hold up when you run it through a laser printer next? This seems like the only way you could create colorful stickers, which then have foiled elements on top. Is it safe to use this specific sticker paper in this way? Thanks!
#2 Posted : 3/9/2023 8:36:22 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Our Weatherproof Matte Inkjet (WJ) is specially formulated to work with standard inkjet printers. This does include a topcoat that helps absorb liquid ink and protect against moisture. However, this coating would not protect the material against the heat generated by a laser printer. For laser printing, we recommend our Weatherproof Polyester Laser (LP) or Weatherproof Vinyl Laser (LV) instead.

Since foiling machines also use heat, we only recommend testing with laser-compatible materials, like the ones mentioned above. Below is the article "How to Foil Sticker Paper Using a Foil Applicator." This article will include several of our laser-compatible materials along with the recommended heat settings for the Mincâ„¢ Foil Machine.

www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-foil-stickers

If you'd like to try samples of our laser materials to test with your Minc machine, you're welcome to visit the link below or reach out to our Customer Support Team here.

www.onlinelabels.com/samples