Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/26/2023 4:21:45 PM(EST)
Zero

The clear matte is working fine with most of my applications, but when the colours are very saturated and/or dark with more ink, it comes out pretty tacky and scratches off easily. The tackiness is still there from my test prints from months ago. Prints with lighter colours are perfectly fine, coming out with pretty much the same texture as the paper.

Current settings:
- Epson ET-2760 (eco-tank)
- Paper
- Highest quality setting
- Advanced: density = 5

I've also tried using the Premium Matte paper setting and it's about the same.

Is there anything else I can try out, or do I have to avoid dark/saturated colours?
#2 Posted : 11/27/2023 8:31:14 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear you're seeing quality issues with the Clear Matte Inkjet (CJ). I usually recommend a Photo or Glossy paper type setting, whether working with glossy or matte materials. Epson inkjet models often include Presentation paper type settings as well, which we've successfully tested with our materials. For the print quality setting, Best can easily oversaturate this film-based material, so I'd recommend adjusting this setting to a Standard or Normal.

If you need additional assistance with this issue, please let me know.