Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/13/2024 5:06:05 PM(EST)
revolutionsoap

United States

Does anyone have any tips tricks for getting the print to stick on the OL1102GF or any of the Lip Balm Labels?
I find that my design rubs off after even a day in my pocket.
I've tried to change my HP Laser Printer to the LABELS setting but that doesn't seem to make a difference. The foil also rubs off after a few days.

I can post a picture later if needed of my lip balm tube.

Thanks,

Ryan
#2 Posted : 2/14/2024 8:31:37 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the print quality of your Gold Foil Laser (GF) material. To improve the output, you can try setting the paper type to heavy or thick, which will slow down the print feed and allow the fusing unit to generate additional heat and fuse the toner to the paper. If the Labels paper type setting is not working, you may need to try using the Cardstock or Transparency setting instead.

I'm happy to look further into this for you. Could you please provide the model number of your HP printer so that I can check the available options?
#3 Posted : 2/17/2024 11:20:14 AM(EST)
revolutionsoap

United States

Hi, thanks for your response. My printer is a HP Color LaserJet CP3525n
#4 Posted : 2/19/2024 8:19:59 AM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for sharing your printer model. Since the Gold Foil Laser (GF) facestock has a gsm (g/m²) value of 225, you may want to try these options within your HP printer: Extra Heavy (131–175 g/m2), Card glossy (176–220 g/m2), as well as Color Transparency.

These paper type options should prevent any feeding issues and allow additional heat to help fuse the toner. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues with the toner fusion.
#5 Posted : 2/20/2024 12:03:56 PM(EST)
revolutionsoap

United States

Thank you again for your response. I ended up buying a new printer (it was time). Are there any settings I should be looking for in my new printer?

Canon imageCLASS MF654Cdw
#6 Posted : 2/20/2024 1:33:04 PM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you so much for sharing the details about your new printer, the Canon imageCLASS MF654Cdw. This particular laser printer offers some heavy and coated options that should work well for you. For the Gold Foil Laser (GF), I recommend trying Coated 2 (121 g/m² to 150 g/m²), Coated 3 (151 g/m² to 200 g/m²), or Heavy 2 (121 g/m² to 163 g/m²). Additionally, this Canon model supports Labels as a paper type, and I suggest testing this option as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't specify a paper weight or thickness for this type.

If you come across any further issues or require more assistance with your new printer, please don't hesitate to contact us.
#7 Posted : 2/21/2024 11:38:57 AM(EST)
Daniellemr2008

United States

Hey! I had the same issue with the silver labels. They even say "weatherproof" but they rubbed off. I had some clear coat laying around and sprayed 2 layers over the sheet before I peeled the stickers off. Some spots felt bubbly but it worked:) I just read on a random forum to use clear coat spray for resin. I ordered a bottle but I don't have it yet. If I remember, ill update you in the next few days.
#8 Posted : 2/21/2024 12:15:16 PM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for sharing your tip, Danielle! I noticed that you previously ordered our Silver Foil Inkjet (SI) material. While this material is resistant to smudging and smearing with regular use, it is not weatherproof. When printing on our paper and film materials using an inkjet printer, we suggest adjusting the paper type setting to Photo or Glossy. To avoid oversaturation of ink, we recommend using a print quality setting of standard/normal or 300 dpi.

An overcoat spray or laminate can help as well but is not always needed.

I hope this helps. Please share your results once you've had an opportunity to test your clear coat spray.
#9 Posted : 2/22/2024 9:48:11 AM(EST)
revolutionsoap

United States

Are the Gold Foil labels weather-resistant?
#10 Posted : 2/22/2024 11:49:52 AM(EST)
Jessica

Our Gold Foil Laser (GF) and Gold Foil Inkjet (GI) materials are paper-based and work best with dry applications. If you require a metallic material that is water-resistant for use with a laser printer, we recommend our Weatherproof Silver Polyester Laser (SP), available at the link provided below. This material has a brushed silver finish and a permanent adhesive. The coated polyester material is highly durable and perfect for wet applications.

www.onlinelabels.com/materials/silver-polyester-labels