Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/28/2024 1:18:43 PM(EST)
resrepofluna

Hello,

I've been printing on the Clear Matte Inkjet labels with a brand new Canon PIXMA iP8720 since yesterday. I've been printing the same prints (about 20 pages) and all day yesterday I had no issues. I went to print the same prints today and now I'm getting a weird pink/magenta/purple "shadow" around the circle colors. I printed two test pages using my printer's utility on regular paper and they printed out fine. The pink doesn't show up on really light colors or black.

Here are my settings:

Matte Photo Paper
Standard Quality
Yellow: 1
Brightness: Dark
Intensity: 0
Contrast: 0

I even switched to Brightness: Normal and the pink shadow is still visible. I don't understand why I didn't have this problem at all yesterday but now I am. Any advice on how to fix this?

[img=https://freeimage.host/i/JMFPcf1]pink shadow[/img]
[img=https://freeimage.host/i/JMFPDej]pink shadow with ink blotches[/img]
#2 Posted : 2/28/2024 2:39:40 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing color output issues on your labels. Most print quality issues can be resolved using specialty paper type options, like the Matte Photo Paper you mentioned. Adjusting to a glossy paper or transparency may help as well.

Since this issue has only recently occurred without any changes to the material or design, it may help to check your ink levels and run a clean cycle. If you see pink or purple hues or shadows, it could mean the yellow or black ink cartridges are low or possibly clogged. The cleaning cycles and print head nozzle checks can be found under the Maintenance tab in the printer properties. For ink levels, you can locate these by clicking View Printer Status on the Maintenance tab. The Canon IJ Status Monitor should open and display an image of the ink status.

After checking the ink levels, replacing any low ink, and running any necessary cleaning cycles, try another test print on a label sheet with a specialty paper type setting. If the issue remains, please let me know so we can explore some other options.
#3 Posted : 2/28/2024 6:14:08 PM(EST)
resrepofluna

Thank you for your response!

I tried the above mentioned and it is still casting a slight "glow" of pink around the more red tones versus a shadow around the majority of them. I also have the "Prevent paper abrasion" selected because I noticed what looked like watercolor splotches on my blacks (the selection helped get rid of this). Do you think this could be a reason why this is happening? Do you have any other suggestions?
#4 Posted : 2/28/2024 6:47:31 PM(EST)
resrepofluna

Adding a note that I had to add an intensity of 40 and contrast of 35 for my prints to be accurate in color. The Brightness level is still Normal. I notice that the pink cast/shadow is bigger and more apparent like in the pictures I had posted.
#5 Posted : 2/29/2024 9:00:11 AM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for following up with those results. I reviewed the issue with our Product Testing Team, and unfortunately, this is not something we've encountered. It is recommended by our team and Canon to use Canon brand ink rather than remanufactured ink if you aren't already. Due to this issue being intermittent, you may want to reach out to Canon's support directly.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to view the images you provided. However, you can try submitting them at the support link below so we can take a look. From the description you provided, it sounds like you're dealing with shadowing as well. This can be caused by print head misalignment. You can click here for guidance from Canon on print head alignment.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx
#6 Posted : 2/29/2024 2:08:41 PM(EST)
resrepofluna

I submitted a support request with the photos.

I completed a print head alignment and started printing with the "Glossy Photo Paper" setting and it printed great for a few tries with the same file. I just now printed out the same file again and it's starting to have that pink shadow and now also a trail of pink ink in one area. :-(
#7 Posted : 2/29/2024 3:55:08 PM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for providing those images to our support team and confirming the use of Canon brand ink. I was able to find similar issues reported to Canon, including the horizontal banding you mentioned in your support ticket. In these cases, Canon did recommend reaching out to their support team for additional troubleshooting and possible service on the printer.

If I can address any other issues or concerns, please let me know.
#8 Posted : 2/29/2024 4:04:34 PM(EST)
resrepofluna

Thank you so much for your assistance!