Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/13/2024 7:48:32 PM(EST)
raystubbs

United States

I bought a bunch of the 1x1" weatherproof polyester label blanks... and ended up with a bunch of weird/inconsistent margins.

As far as I can tell the side (left/right) margins are pretty consistent, but about 1/16" shorter than expected/advertised. In other words the sheet itself is 1/8" inch shorter (in portrait) than the expected 8.5", and each margin is 1/16" less than expected.

The top and bottom margins aren't off by as much as the side margins. But the height of the sheets themselves is 1/8" short of the expected 11", and the top/bottom margins are inconsistent. Some sheets have one margin slightly smaller than the expected 1/2". The labels themselves must also be slightly shorter than 1", since even when top and bottom margins are at the expected 1/2", the sheet itself it short by 1/8".

So... after all that... is this normal? Is this just what I can expect when ordering labels from Online Labels, or is it a fluke? Are these inconsistencies the norm? Would it be the same with other suppliers? Difficult to get any quality prints when the label blanks are so off...

I also got some sheets from Uline that were just as bad... so starting to wonder if this is just how things are with blank label sheets. Are the rolls more consistent? Is that the recommended path for commercial label printing?

Thanks for any help or advice.
#2 Posted : 7/15/2024 8:50:29 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I apologize for the margin issue. Our production allows for the industry standard variance of up to 1/16" (0.0625") from the stated margins, but the sheet width and height should be accurate. If you notice any shifting in the printed result while the margins are accurate, it may be due to movement in the printer. Most sheet printers can cause shifting up to 1/16". In that case, adjusting the printer's paper/media type to a thicker, heavier option will help slow down the print feed and minimize shifting.

Roll printing can be more accurate with printed alignment. You're welcome to check out our direct thermal, thermal transfer, and inkjet roll products here.

I checked your account and saw that our Customer Support Team confirmed the issue with you and provided replacement sheets from a new lot. If you have any other issues or concerns, please let us know.