Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
Post Reply
#21 Posted : 2/9/2019 7:34:59 PM(EST)
HHC

Rank: New User

Posts: 2
United States
Location: Hawaii

Thanks: 1 times
Hi!

Another year has passed so I was wondering if there were any printer recommendation updates. I have invested heavily your weatherproof labels for laser printers and my current printer is going kaput.

Looking forward to hearing your answer!
#22 Posted : 2/11/2019 11:40:50 AM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HHC Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Another year has passed so I was wondering if there were any printer recommendation updates. I have invested heavily your weatherproof labels for laser printers and my current printer is going kaput.

Looking forward to hearing your answer!


My general recommendations are still the same as it relates to color laser printer models for use with our weatherproof polyester label material. I'm still heavily using my HP Color LaserJet M252dw and HP Color LaserJet M452dn printer models, and I'm still extremely happy with their performance when used with the weatherproof polyester material. I'm very confident in the HP Color LaserJet series of printers with all of our laser label materials. The printer models I'm using are a few years old at this point, but if there are newer models available in the Color LaserJet series I'd be comfortable recommending them as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: HHC
#23 Posted : 2/14/2019 2:58:14 PM(EST)
HHC

Rank: New User

Posts: 2
United States
Location: Hawaii

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: Josh Go to Quoted Post



My general recommendations are still the same as it relates to color laser printer models for use with our weatherproof polyester label material. I'm still heavily using my HP Color LaserJet M252dw and HP Color LaserJet M452dn printer models, and I'm still extremely happy with their performance when used with the weatherproof polyester material. I'm very confident in the HP Color LaserJet series of printers with all of our laser label materials. The printer models I'm using are a few years old at this point, but if there are newer models available in the Color LaserJet series I'd be comfortable recommending them as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.


That's good news. I needed it quickly so I took a gamble and ordered the 452 over the weekend. So far so good!
#24 Posted : 1/13/2020 4:21:06 PM(EST)
randymallory

Rank: New User

Posts: 5
United States
Location: TN

Josh,

Are you familiar with the HP Color LaserJet M454dn? It looks like the M452 is an older model that may be discontinued.

We use your weatherproof vinyl stock all the time. We have previously used the OKI C332 and OKI 531dn, but they are becoming problematic.
#25 Posted : 1/14/2020 8:31:10 AM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randymallory Go to Quoted Post
Josh,

Are you familiar with the HP Color LaserJet M454dn? It looks like the M452 is an older model that may be discontinued.

We use your weatherproof vinyl stock all the time. We have previously used the OKI C332 and OKI 531dn, but they are becoming problematic.


I haven't had the opportunity to use the HP Color LaserJet Pro M454, but based on my positive experience with numerous other LaserJet Pro models I believe it should work very well with our label materials. The reviews look favorable through various online retailers, and we've received positive feedback from customers using the Color LaserJet Pro M454. I'd expect the performance to be very similar to the printer models I've recommended in this thread.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#26 Posted : 1/14/2020 10:42:58 AM(EST)
randymallory

Rank: New User

Posts: 5
United States
Location: TN

Thanks! The OKI had gotten to the point that we were having fairly consistent fuser jams. It seems like we are tossing more stock than we are printing. And this printer is two years old tops.
#27 Posted : 1/15/2020 11:50:58 AM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randymallory Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! The OKI had gotten to the point that we were having fairly consistent fuser jams. It seems like we are tossing more stock than we are printing. And this printer is two years old tops.


I have an OKI C711 printer that I've used routinely with our label materials in the past. I was just looking through the manual to see if there were any specific tips provided for frequent printer jams. In the maintenance section of the manual I located steps for cleaning the paper feed rollers, which the manual states should help with consistent paper jams. The steps are as follows:

1. Remove items like a wrist watch or bracelet.
2. Switch the printer off.
3. Remove the paper tray from the printer.
4. Gaining access through the gap left by the paper tray, wipe the paper feed rollers with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened with water.
5. Wipe the feed roller on the paper tray.
6. Replace the paper tray.

The manual lists a very strong warning to only use a clean, moist, lint-free cloth for cleaning and specifies that you should not use benzine, thinners, or alcohol as a cleaning agent.

In addition to the cleaning suggestion listed above, selecting an appropriate material type setting may help resolve consistent printer jams as well. I've found that I've had the best print results when using the Card Stock or Glossy media type setting on my OKI C711. Heavier media type settings will typically handle label materials better since the label materials are thicker than plain copy paper.

I'm not sure if this information is wholly applicable to your specific OKI printer model, but I figured I would give you some troubleshooting options to try before you purchased a new printer. If you do ultimately decide to buy a new printer, I think you'll be very pleased with the HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dn.
#28 Posted : 1/15/2020 11:57:22 AM(EST)
randymallory

Rank: New User

Posts: 5
United States
Location: TN

Thank you! I appreciate it!

That said, I am fairly certain that we heed your advice and go with the HP.
#29 Posted : 1/22/2020 3:02:57 PM(EST)
randymallory

Rank: New User

Posts: 5
United States
Location: TN

I just installed a new HP Laserjet Pro M454dn and I'm just confirming - you prefer the Labels setting for paper type with the Weatherproof Polyester stock?
#30 Posted : 1/22/2020 4:37:13 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: randymallory Go to Quoted Post
I just installed a new HP Laserjet Pro M454dn and I'm just confirming - you prefer the Labels setting for paper type with the Weatherproof Polyester stock?


I typically use HP Matte Photo 200g as my paper type setting when printing on the weatherproof polyester material with my HP Color LaserJet M452dn, but I've found the print results to be very similar when comparing the various photo options with the labels option. I'd run a few sheets using these options and see which one you prefer. I think you'll be very pleased with the print quality either way.
#31 Posted : 1/23/2020 11:47:00 AM(EST)
randymallory

Rank: New User

Posts: 5
United States
Location: TN

Thanks for your advice!

I tried the HP Matte Photo 200g paper type and it seemed to make a sharper print than the labels paper type. On the labels setting, the small text looked a little fuzzy - like the colors didn't line up quite right.
#32 Posted : 3/17/2020 12:21:10 PM(EST)
Alan1710

Rank: New User

Posts: 1
United States
Location: New York

I recommend the brother HL-L3210CW compact digital color printer for you.
#33 Posted : 3/20/2020 8:56:14 AM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alan1710 Go to Quoted Post
I recommend the brother HL-L3210CW compact digital color printer for you.


Thanks for the recommendation!

I haven't had a chance to try this model with our labels yet, but the reviews I located online seem to agree this is a good option for a budget color laser printer. Have you had a chance to test this printer with any of our laser label materials?
#34 Posted : 11/3/2021 1:14:08 AM(EST)
SunflowerMo

Rank: New User

Posts: 3
United States
Location: ny

Thanks: 1 times
Looking for a printer to print candle labels. This is my first time doing this and have been researching, but now I am overwhelmed.
#35 Posted : 11/4/2021 4:41:35 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SunflowerMo Go to Quoted Post
Looking for a printer to print candle labels. This is my first time doing this and have been researching, but now I am overwhelmed.


Thanks for your inquiry. You don't need to drive yourself too crazy deciding which printer is best for printing your candle labels. We've seen customers use a wide variety of different printer models for similar applications with great success. The most important factor is choosing the right type of label material. We typically recommend using a weatherproof label material for candle applications just due to the additional durability they provide. You can view more information about our weatherproof materials at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/materials/weatherproof-labels

When it comes to choosing a printer, you're basically deciding between laser and inkjet. The upfront cost for laser printers tends to be higher compared to inkjet printers, but they provide excellent durability and are ideal for high volume printing. Inkjet printers have a lower upfront cost, but tend to be more suited for lower volume printing due to the high cost associated with constantly replacing ink cartridges. Inkjet print is less durable when compared directly to laser print, but as long as you're using one of our weatherproof materials you'll still wind up with an ultra durable label that is perfect for candle labeling. Over the past few years I've had a ton of success with the HP Color LaserJet series of laser printers, as well as the Canon PIXMA series of inkjet printers.

If you'd like to try samples sheets of our weatherproof label materials you can enter a request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#36 Posted : 1/13/2022 1:37:36 PM(EST)
veleka

Rank: New User

Posts: 1
Canada
Location: ON

Hi im working on labels using brown kraft. do you think this would be a good choice for body butter, oils, soaps and body scrubs. i initially wanted water/oil proof. However i want a more organic/ eco friendly brand. if you have any suggestions on label paper i should use and laser printer that work best with brown kraft labels please let me know.

thanks
#37 Posted : 1/13/2022 2:40:18 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 873
United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: veleka Go to Quoted Post
Hi im working on labels using brown kraft. do you think this would be a good choice for body butter, oils, soaps and body scrubs. i initially wanted water/oil proof. However i want a more organic/ eco friendly brand. if you have any suggestions on label paper i should use and laser printer that work best with brown kraft labels please let me know.

thanks


As long as you're using a laser printer rather than an inkjet printer, the brown kraft material should handle some incidental contact with moisture, such as touch with a damp hand or light condensation. If you need greater protection against more consistent exposure to moisture (submersion, storage within a bath or shower environment) then you'll definitely need to choose one of our weatherproof material types.

If you'd like to try samples of any material before placing an order, you can enter a sample request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

Regardless of whether you're using the brown kraft material or one of our laser-compatible weatherproof materials, you really can't go wrong with the HP Color LaserJet Pro series of printers. They're available in a wide range of varying feature sets and price points, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
2 Pages«12
Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.