Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 10/19/2016 9:39:09 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I went ahead and created a design in your tie folder that shows an example of the ink reduction technique that uses shapes.

To accomplish what you are trying to do, I think your better option would be to take a screenshot of the tie image in Maestro Label Designer and then bring the screen shot of the tie image with the die line into Paint or another image editing program. Once I brought it into Paint, I scaled it to 115% of its original size. I then used the free form selection tool (I did a select inverted area) to get rid of everything outside of the die lines.

After completing that you will have an image that is just the tie part. You can then upload that image into Maestro Label Designer and drop it into the template. I have also added an example into your account of what I did.

I have attached the screen shot I took as an example. The first image is the screenshot I took in Maestro Label Designer. The 2nd screen shot is my edit of the image using the free form select tool (I did a select inverted area) in MS Paint, and the third screen shot is image uploaded into Maestro Label Designer.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
tie_cropped.JPG (62kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
free_form_crop_tool_ms_paint_tie_screenshot.JPG (72kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
maestro_label_designer_tie_screenshot.JPG (232kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
2 Pages«12