Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages12»
#1 Posted : 12/3/2013 8:22:57 AM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We're always looking for new ideas and suggestions for how we can improve our Maestro Label Designer. Post your tips and suggestions for how we can make the Maestro Label Designer experience more useful!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:12:47 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 12/4/2013 4:18:46 PM(EST)
bunniesnbuggies

United States

I would like to see the option to crop images (or if it is already there, please tell me because I can't find it!). Sometimes I need to trim just a little off the edges of an image without losing the size of the focal point.
#3 Posted : 1/2/2014 5:19:07 AM(EST)
wd10174

Italy

Great, valuable, easy to use software but...I definitely need to use my own fonts even when doing a mail merge. I think this is of critical importance for many users and would be great to have this feature developed soon. Thanks.

#4 Posted : 1/2/2014 10:26:52 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for the feedback. Our font options for mail merge in Maestro Label Designer are limited at this time since the mail merge functionality in Maestro Label Designer is not able to access the fonts that are on your system (like we do for other functions in Maestro Label Designer). Because of this limitation, we can only use open source fonts for the mail merge function.

I know our development team is hoping to add more open source fonts to Maestro Label Designer in 2014. Thanks again for the feedback.
#5 Posted : 1/3/2014 1:18:07 PM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bunniesnbuggies Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the option to crop images (or if it is already there, please tell me because I can't find it!). Sometimes I need to trim just a little off the edges of an image without losing the size of the focal point.

The ability to crop images from within Maestro Label Designer is not available at this time. I will absolutely forward the suggestion to our development team however as it's a great suggestion. Thank you for the feedback!
#6 Posted : 2/14/2014 5:33:13 PM(EST)
SusanA

How do I design and save different labels but then set up ONE page with multiple designs? I am not seeing how that can be done. I either end up with one page with all the same design or I, apparently, have to design each label on a page individually. Why can't I import a design that I've done into each label and have several designs on one sheet?

If this is possible, it sure isn't anything that's easy to figure out how to do!
#7 Posted : 2/14/2014 6:20:03 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

SusanA - Unfortunately, this functionality isn't currently supported in Maestro Label Designer. We will be releasing an update to Maestro Label Designer sometime in the next 30-60 days that will allow a user to easily place different designs in each label on the same label sheet. This functionality won't allow you to import designs from Saved Maestro Label Designer files, but it will allow you to easily put multiple designs on the same sheet without having to use the Copy / Paste function. This update is currently being tested, and we hope for it to be released onto our live version of Maestro Label Designer in the next 30-60 days.

In the short term, you can use the Copy / Paste function between Maestro Label Designer files to accomplish your task. I know that is a little tedious, but it is the only option at this point in time.

Thanks for the feedback.
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: bubblerfun
#8 Posted : 4/2/2014 8:15:14 AM(EST)
Mandy

United States

I might be missing something very obvious, but can you tell me how to create BOLD, ITALIC and UNDERLINE within the same text box? For example, when I type in

Bold: Underline I can only make it bold or underline, I cannot make it appear as Bold: Underline
#9 Posted : 4/2/2014 10:21:14 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Mandy - Unfortunately, Maestro Label Designer doesn't currently support different text options within the same text box. All text within one text box has to have the same attributes (e.g. font size, bold, underline, etc.).

If you want to vary text on the same line, you will need to create a separate text box for each text style and then align the two text boxes. I have attached two screen shots so you can see how I used two separate text boxes to create the two different styles.
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
maestro1.PNG (51kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
maestro2.PNG (54kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#10 Posted : 4/8/2014 6:35:50 PM(EST)
RJBenfield

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is full justification of text in the works? I see left, right, and center, but no full.

Just wondering. Awesome label program you have there!
#11 Posted : 4/9/2014 10:22:17 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

RJBenfield - Thanks for feedback. I checked out our list of upcoming features for Maestro Label Designer and justified text is not on the list.

I will definitely put it into our feature request queue so it can be evaluated for future addition.

#12 Posted : 4/9/2014 8:28:39 PM(EST)
RJBenfield

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you so much! The wine labels need the full justified text!
#13 Posted : 4/10/2014 6:55:34 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

One option you may want to consider is creating your text in a program like Microsoft Word (which allows for justified text). Once you have created the text in Word, you can then do a screen shot, save it, and import it into Maestro Label Designer as an image.

I am happy to provide more specific directions if you think this is something that you want to consider doing.
#14 Posted : 4/19/2014 9:20:14 PM(EST)
bunniesnbuggies

United States

I would like to see the ability to choose how many of a label to print, along with layout - so on a sheet of 25, if I only want 6, I can choose to print 6, and then also choose what row and column to start printing from. This is a nice feature on another label company's online design program, and it is WONDERFUL because it avoids having wasted labels when you need only a certain amount of a design.
#15 Posted : 4/20/2014 2:21:28 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

bunniesnbuggies - I have good news for you. The new release of Maestro Label Designer will support multiple label designs on a label sheet. It will allow you to easily lay out different label designs on the sheet (or leave specific spaces empty).

We are in on final testing on this release of Maestro Label Designer. I expect the release to be live on the site sometime in the next 30 days. Thanks for the feedback.
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: bubblerfun
#16 Posted : 4/29/2014 10:45:48 PM(EST)
Sheri D.

United States

I am unable to get my labels to print correctly no matter how much tweaking I do to the margins. Have called and spoken to support and they couldn't get them right either. They are a little bit off no matter what I do. I'm using ol350wj, ol2088wj and ol5375wj. Help, please! Thanks
#17 Posted : 4/30/2014 5:05:57 PM(EST)
mjensen

United States

Sheri D.- I left you a voice message this evening with my contact information and will give a follow up call tomorrow morning. I will be happy to troubleshoot this issue with you whenever you have time (I am in the office from 8am - 5pm Est). I took a quick look at your designs and did notice some of them are pretty close to the edge of the circle. In order to get all the details I think this will be easiest to work this out by talking so if there is an ideal time to speak please let me know and we can start looking more into the specific issue.
#18 Posted : 5/2/2014 7:45:11 AM(EST)
pcbrook

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would be wonderful if you could incorporate character spacing options so you can spread out the letters or tighten them up. Thanks!
 1 user thanked pcbrook for this useful post: nancy jean
#19 Posted : 5/2/2014 8:27:58 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

pcbrook - Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think that this is currently on our upgrade list. I will definitely pass this feedback on to our development team so they can review your recommendation and possibly add it to our future upgrades.

If you need a solution that would work right away you may want to consider creating your required text in a program such as Microsoft Word and then take a screen shot of the text. You can then import the screenshot of the text into Maestro Label Designer as an image.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Thanks.

Dave
#20 Posted : 5/15/2014 8:40:25 AM(EST)
eagle458

I use oval labels and it's often difficult to make sure that everything is centered. The current ruler and grid don't really help very much because I don't see a way to center the label on the grid. I need a tool to help make sure that I am aligned in the center of the label.

2 Pages12»