Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/29/2013 10:25:30 PM(EST)
glazball

I printed a template to test the alignment of my page of labels and it always seemed slightly off. Are the templates 100% to the actual sheet of labels?
#2 Posted : 12/2/2013 9:46:41 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for posting at the OnlineLabels.com forum. All templates are created to the actual dimensions of the label products. Alignment issues can be corrected by adjusting printer settings. If the alignment is uniform throughout the sheet, you may need to adjust the design within the program to compensate or you can try choosing a thicker, heavier Paper/Material Type setting. These are typically found in Properties of the print dialog box. Labels, Transparency, and Cardstock are common paper types that work really well. A thicker paper type setting can prevent the printer from shifting the sheet while printing. If the alignment is skewed or varies from row to row, first make sure you are using Adobe Reader (for pdf templates or Maestro Label Designer). Actual Size and Auto Portrait/Landscape must be selected. These are found in the print dialog box. If you have an earlier version of Adobe Reader, make sure Page Scaling is set to None and Auto Rotate/Center is not selected.
#3 Posted : 4/29/2014 10:28:05 PM(EST)
smorrigan

United States

They are pretty accurate. I could not print round labels using the templates, even with printer adjustments. It was always wrong. I had to create a custom template in Design Pro.
#4 Posted : 5/1/2014 5:25:40 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Our templates should always be an exact match to the product. In the event that you find a template that doesn't appear to be an exact match just let us know (our customer service team) the specific template in which you are experiencing the issue, and we will make any required adjustments.

Thanks!
#5 Posted : 5/7/2014 9:40:05 AM(EST)
debele

United States

I'm working with OL2088WX 1.5" round labels and using Maestro the design needs to be outside of the lines to work. The top has to be farther down from the outer border and the bottom text actually has to go outside of the border. I tried to copy and paste here to demonstrate but it doesn't work.

#6 Posted : 5/7/2014 3:54:37 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
debele -

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue that you've experienced when attempting to print your design within Maestro Label Designer. It sounds as though the page is shifting somewhat as it feeds through your printer. I'll be happy to provide some troubleshooting tips that should help resolve your problem.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the alignment wizard within Maestro Label Designer. To access the alignment wizard please click on the Print icon within the program. Before beginning the process, it's important to re-center your design within the template if you have made any manual adjustments. The alignment wizard will walk you through steps that should assist in improving alignment.

For additional information regarding alignment within Maestro, please click on the link below for our Printer Alignment guide:

http://www.onlinelabels....ide/Alignment-Guide.aspx

If you are still unable to properly align your labels using the information provided above, please just let us know. We will be happy to have someone from our technical support team contact you personally to assist you with your issue.
#7 Posted : 5/8/2014 9:15:36 AM(EST)
debele

United States

Thanks for your reply. I fixed it! I am using a Mac and I noticed the printing tips pop-up, I followed the steps and downloaded the image as a PDF to my Mac, and printed it from there and it worked. It needed a slight adjustment to compensate for the printer shifting but otherwise it works perfectly!
#8 Posted : 5/8/2014 10:10:56 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
debele -

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. If anything else should come up please just let us know!
#9 Posted : 2/2/2019 5:09:56 PM(EST)
crutchmj

United States

I find that the printer setting has to be set just so for the templates and labels to line up correctly. Make sure the page scaling is on "none" and it usually takes care of any alignment issues.