Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/23/2014 8:57:40 PM(EST)
Beach Bird

United States

I would love to buy this lip balm tube label but I have no idea how to rotate my label and make it work.
I'm using MS Publisher to create my labels and copy and paste isn't working even though I've rotated the design in publisher.
Any hints, tip or tricks?

I've tried using Maestro label maker but my image is fuzzy.
Thanks for your help!!!
Robin
#2 Posted : 6/24/2014 11:10:22 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Robin -

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to its irregular shape, we do not have a Publisher template available for our product OL1102WI. I attempted opening the Microsoft Word Template for this product within Publisher, but it does not function properly unless it's actually opened within Microsoft Word.

Our product OL663WI includes a freshness seal, but is also a basic rectangular shape. We could potentially create a Publisher template for this product if you think you could possibly use it instead. You can view this product by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL663WI.htm

Regarding Maestro Label Designer, where exactly did your image look fuzzy? Was it fuzzy when still within the design screen, or when you actually printed the design? When you upload a high resolution image and add it to your design within Maestro Label Designer, certain images will be slightly degraded in quality when viewing them on the design screen. This slight degradation in quality allows the program to continue to function properly when handling large, high-quality image files. Despite appearing fuzzy or grainy on the design screen, when you attempt to print your image it should appear crisp and well-defined. If you have not tried printing the image from Maestro yet, please try running a test print to see if this is the case with your image.

If any additional questions come up, please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 6/24/2014 12:04:26 PM(EST)
Beach Bird

United States

Thank you so much for your help!!

Somehow I was able to copy the Publisher doc into the template and rotate it and then redirect the text. So, I think I have that set up.

In Maestro, yes it was fuzzy on the screen and I didn't try printing it so that will be my next move.

And just to be clear, with this label, the logo and text will be printed at 90 degrees with the tab to the right (or left I suppose) of the art work. (the text will be bottom to top instead of right to left.)
Hope that makes sense!

Thank you again!!!
Robin
#4 Posted : 6/24/2014 1:21:08 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm very glad to hear that you were able to find a way to use your Publisher document. Based on your response, I have a good feeling that if you do try Maestro Label Designer again you'll be very happy with the printed results. Just make sure to print a single sheet on a plain piece of copy paper to ensure that you're satisfied with the print quality.

If anything else comes up, please just respond to this thread. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can!
#5 Posted : 11/17/2015 10:46:37 AM(EST)
leafyhead

United States

hi! i'm also hoping to use these lip balm labels, via MS Word. i've sorted out how to rotate my text, but can't figure out how to rotate my logo image. any advice?

thanks & happy Tuesday,
Tricia (Leafyhead Lotions & Potions)