Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/11/2014 5:56:31 PM(EST)
Uncrowned

United States

Hello,

I have been searching for a "security" label for marking assets and such that is also printable. I know Avery started making a Triple Bonded Label, but it is only in the Uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avery-Triple-Labels-Sheets-Sheet/dp/B00B4MSRVW/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_1) sorry if I can't share that link, but it is a good example.

I was wondering if you offered anything with a stronger adhesive then the norm. I noticed the waterproof labels state they have a stronger adhesive, but I have only ordered then in large sizes and not sure if the small ones would be better or worse.
#2 Posted : 7/12/2014 9:04:56 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Can you provide additional details on how you plan to use the labels? Do you want a strong adhesive because you are concerned that users will to try to remove the label?

We have a "VOID" label material that is popular for use as a security label. It is a shiny silver material and leaves the word "void" on the surface when the label is removed. You can see the available sizes and learn more about the material at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_void_silver_polyester_labels.htm

You can watch a video of the product in action at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/videos/tamper-evident-void-silver-labels.htm

I am happy to send you a few sample sheets if you would like to fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dave

#3 Posted : 7/12/2014 9:35:28 AM(EST)
Uncrowned

United States

They would be used mostly for marking property (small items). My company is focused around video gaming and we find ourselves lending equipment out a lot. Most of this stuff is fairly expensive and while preventing theft would be great, we are mostly looking for a label that can hold up to constant handling (example being gaming controllers) which makes sorting and preventing mix ups much easier. If a corner gets lifted or loose it doesn't take long for the rest to fall off. We'd prefer an inkjet capable label as that would mean we could use color, but laser would work if needed. And I'm also aware about oils and sweet from people being a killer on ink, but that isn't a huge concern as we regularly replace the heavy used equipment, so hopefully the ink can last till that point.

Also I'll fill out a sample request today and thank you for the quick reply.

EDIT: I placed a sample order: 140073

Edited by user Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:59:44 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : 7/13/2014 8:32:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I checked your sample request and I see all the items that you selected are for inkjet printing.

Since these labels are potentially getting a lot of handling, I would recommend that you consider laminating over the top of these labels with another label once you have printed onto it.

I went ahead and added a few sample sheets of our OL1000CL (clear labels that are 1.5" x 1" for laser printing) to your request. You don't need to print on the labels, you would just use them to laminate / cover the printed labels. This will create another layer of protection for the labels.

Good luck with the testing. Let us know how it goes and we are happy to provide additional advice.

Dave
#5 Posted : 7/17/2014 5:22:35 PM(EST)
Uncrowned

United States

Thank you for the samples. We have placed a few on some of our commonly used items and placed the clear label over them. Hopefully things go well and I will place an order for some packs.

So far they feel much more secure then anything else I have tried.

Edited by user Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:48:00 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : 7/17/2014 9:52:54 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Thanks for the update. Those results sounds promising. Let us know if you need anything else.

Dave
#7 Posted : 7/18/2014 1:33:36 PM(EST)
Uncrowned

United States

Yes, I do have two questions in fact.

First, if this does work out, and it seems promising, would purchasing the preprinted custom labels you offer be about the same as buying the inkjet and then the clear cover? The price seems about equal.

Second, assuming the first question is a yes, do you do custom labels in smaller sizes? I see 2x2 is your smallest size where as 1x1.5 is my most preferred with 1x1 and 1.5x1.5 also working. Thanks (all sizes in inches).
#8 Posted : 7/18/2014 5:34:46 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Our printed labels won't offer quite as much durability as you printing the labels and then putting a clear label over the top. This is due to the fact that we don't yet offer our printed labels with a laminate. I am happy to send out a sample of one of our printed labels if you would like to test the durability.

We do offer our printed labels in many more sizes than we have online. We can produce printed labels in the size that you require (1.5" x 1"). The price per sheet would be about the same as the price per sheet for the 2" x 2" labels. Assuming that you want color printing on our weatherproof material, the current price for 100 sheets would be $154.87. Feel free to call our customer service team at 1-888-575-2235 for more information on the additional size options.

Thanks.

Dave
#9 Posted : 11/3/2014 9:21:10 AM(EST)
CcummingsPOM

United States

Good Morning. We are currently using your Silver Void material (OL28VS) and it is a great label, but now we need to add Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode, and as I am sure you already know, most laser printers can't create enough contrast on the shiny silver material to make the barcode readable on standard laser or CCD scanners. We even tried backing the barcode with another color (yellow) and also did inverse printing. No luck.

Is there any way that Online Labels would consider making a matte white VOID material the way Dennison does? We like the size and adhesive properties of the OL28VS but we need to get barcoding working.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
#10 Posted : 11/3/2014 3:10:03 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Printing bar codes on to a metallic / shiny surface is not likely going to work. The bar code scanners typically have trouble scanning on anything that is shiny.

At this point, we don't have plans to expand our product line on the printable VOID material. In most cases, we have large minimum material / paper purchase requirements when we attempt to acquire or add a new raw material to our product line. I will definitely pass this request on to our marketing & product team to see if this a material that we can get our hands on.

We appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.

Dave