Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/11/2015 5:03:05 PM(EST)
hiddenspringlavender@outlook.com

United States

I need to put a barcode label on each of my products but with the Designer software it will not allow me to move my design into the label that I created the barcode on nor will it let me cut the barcode from the design software and paste in my design label.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Posted : 1/13/2015 5:56:11 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Can you provide more details on the steps you are taking to put the barcode on the design? I am confused in regards to how you are attempting to transfer the barcode to the design.

Are you using the bar code function found under the tools menu in Maestro Label Designer? I have attached a screen shot of that function. To add a bar code to a design all you need to do is go to Tools and click Add Barcode. It will then allow you to add a bar code to your design.

Once you have added a barcode to one design, you should be able to use the Copy and Paste buttons within Maestro Label Designer to add that same barcode to alternate files. You can also just use the Add Barcode tool in Maestro Label Designer to add the same barcode on to new designs.

Please give me more specific information on the exact steps that you are taking to attempt to paste the bar code into a new design and I can attempt to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:57:40 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

dcarmany attached the following image(s):
add_barcode_image.PNG (124kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#3 Posted : 1/13/2015 7:55:46 AM(EST)
hiddenspringlavender@outlook.com

United States

Thank you for your reply Dave.
I already have labels done with your online label template but it is in word. I played with this last night and it appears that I have to recreate the label in your Maestro Label Design and then add the barcode and it works fine.

I was just trying to alleviate the process of making new labels since I have over 200 products.

Thanks,
Marie
#4 Posted : 1/13/2015 8:56:58 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I didn't realize that you were using Microsoft Word to format the labels. I would definitely recommend using our Maestro Label Designer as it will making adding the barcodes and formatting the labels easier.

If you want to stick with Microsoft Word, you would need to use a tool such as our barcode generator tool at the link below to create the barcode images and then import the image into Word. I think this process may be a little tedious and also tricky unless you are well versed in Microsoft Word.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/label-generator-tools/Barcode-Generator.aspx

There are barcode fonts that exist. These fonts can be used to create certain types of barcodes (e.g. code 128). If you are trying to do UPC (Universal Product Code) then the barcode font is not an option. Here is a link to spot where you can download a barcode font.

http://www.dafont.com/barcode-font.font

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com