Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/19/2015 11:56:58 AM(EST)
Nasim

United States

Does anyone have recommendations on labels that will withstand minimal amounts of water?
#2 Posted : 1/20/2015 1:42:25 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Nasim -

For durability in contact with moisture we generally recommend our weatherproof materials. We offer weatherproof white matte and white gloss materials for inkjet printing, as well as weatherproof white, silver, and clear materials for laser printing. Each of these products consist of a plastic film material that is very durable to direct contact with moisture, and a topcoat that will ensure that the ink or toner that is printed on to the sheets is protected as well.

If you are using a laser printer rather than an inkjet printer, and expect the contact with moisture to be minimal, you may be able to get away with using one of our non-weatherproof options. In this scenario I would recommend our aggressive white matte material, as it utilizes an ultra-durable permanent adhesive that is ideal for a wide range of temperatures and tricky surfaces. This material is paper-based, making it much more sensitive to heavy contact with moisture than our weatherproof options.

If you do decide to try a non-weatherproof material for you application, you will definitely need to consider using a clear overcoat protective spray to increase the durability of your labels. We recommend a clear overcoat spray called Krylon Preserve-It. You can view a guide on applying an overcoat spray to your labels by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels....label-overcoat-spray.htm

If you would like to try a few different label materials before making a purchase, we are happy to provide you with complimentary sample sheets. To request your free samples please visit the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels..../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

If you should require any additional information please just let me know. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can!

#3 Posted : 2/7/2015 3:51:14 PM(EST)
flyrite

The gold foil ones wouls just a bit...but the back is still paper.
We use them to label our flyfishing portfolios.
#4 Posted : 2/7/2015 4:07:56 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: flyrite Go to Quoted Post
The gold foil ones wouls just a bit...but the back is still paper.
We use them to label our flyfishing portfolios.

I'm glad to hear that you are having some success with our gold foil material on your fly fishing portfolios. The gold foil and silver foil materials that we sell have some resistance to moisture. Due to the fact that they are paper-based, they will not hold up long term as well as our poly / non-paper materials.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com