Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/9/2014 9:55:00 AM(EST)
sevencyn

United States

Hello,
When I try to download one of the Word templates, I get a File Conversion dialog box when I try to open it in Word. If I select Windows to convert, the document gives me 15 pages of this, "ÿþ< ? x m l v e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 " e n c o d i n g = " u t f - 1 6 " ? > < w : w o r d D o c u m e n t w : m a c r o s P r e s e n t = " n o " w : e m b e d d e d O b j P r e s e n t = " n o " w : o c x P r e s e n t = " n o " x m l n s : w = " h t t p : / / s c h e m a s . m i c r o s o f t . c o m / o f f i c e / w o r d / 2 0 0 3 / w o r d m l " x m l n s : a m l = " h t t p : / / s c h e m a s . m i c r o s o f t . c o m / a m l / 2 0 0 1 / c o r e " x m l n s : d t = " u u i d : C 2 F 4 1 0 1 0 - 6 5 B 3 - 1 1 d 1 - A 2 9 F - 0 0 A A 0 0 C 1 4 8 8 2 " x m l n s : v e = " h t t p : / / s c h e m a s . o p e n x m l f o r m a t s . o r g / m a r k u p - c o m p a t i b i l i t y / 2 0 0 6 " x m l n s : o = " u r n : s c h e m a s - m i c r o s o f t - c o m : o f f i c e : o f f i c e " x m l n s : v = " u r n : s c h e m a s - m i c r o s o f t - c o m : v m l "

Please let me know if you can help me access the Word template.
Thanks!
#2 Posted : 1/10/2014 5:30:59 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
It sounds like our Word template may be incompatible with your version of Word. Can you provide some additional details? What OS version are you using (Mac, Windows)? What version of Word are you using? Which of our Word templates are you trying to download?

We should be able to convert the Word file on our site to the correct version and provide it to you. Let us know and we should be able to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Dave Carmany

#3 Posted : 1/10/2014 9:54:33 AM(EST)
sevencyn

United States

I am using Windows 7 with Word 2002. I would like to download templates OL350 and OL5375.

Thanks for your help, Dave.
-Cyn
#4 Posted : 1/10/2014 4:17:26 PM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The issue is likely due to the age of the Microsoft Word software you are using. We have had success with us saving it as an older compatibility word document. I've attached the two templates you requested using this method. Let us know how they work out for you.
File Attachment(s):
OL350.doc (31kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
OL5375.doc (34kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#5 Posted : 1/13/2014 8:00:31 AM(EST)
sevencyn

United States

Perfect, thank you!
#6 Posted : 2/12/2014 12:43:31 PM(EST)
lorisloanquinn

United States

I cannot download the word doc either, but I am using a Mac. I need a word doc or (preferably) pages/Mac friendly download template for labels OL800. Thank you! If you have landscape and portrait that would be great!
#7 Posted : 2/12/2014 1:26:14 PM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Try these files out, I downloaded our OL800 Word template and saved it for an older version of MS Word to see if that will allow you to open the documents.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:29:22 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
ol800.doc (33kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
OL800Landscape.doc (33kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

#8 Posted : 2/13/2014 5:46:24 PM(EST)
junebugnc

United States

I'm also having this problem. I have Word 2004. And I am trying to download the template for OL2279 3in round labels.
#9 Posted : 2/14/2014 12:47:20 PM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Try this template out, I've saved the OL2279 word template for an older version of Microsoft Word and that should rectify the issue.
File Attachment(s):
ol2279.doc (28kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

#10 Posted : 3/22/2015 12:51:36 AM(EST)
javery

United States

My problem is the same as the other messages above. I need template OL32 for 0.5 inch removable matte round labels. It downloads a file, but trying to open it takes me to the file conversion box and no choice will open a word document/template. I tried the pdf file just in case, but my version of Word does not work with pdf files either. My biggest problem is going to be that I am using Windows 98SE with Microsoft Word 2000 on a Dell computer that I bought in 2000. I know--I've had this computer forever. It does not go online anymore, but has many years of files and I REALLY like the versions of Word & Excel that I have. My husband's computer does everything else; all the online stuff for us and it's a Mac. My computer is the only Windows version left in the house. I'd really appreciate it if you could produce a template in a *.doc file that would work on my version of Word. I've tried creating a custom template, which come out as squares, but it's questionable how many of the labels I printed would be usable and how many would go in the trash. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
#11 Posted : 3/22/2015 3:33:09 PM(EST)
kenai

My problem is same as above. But I need template for 1763. I have word 7. Thanks.
#12 Posted : 3/23/2015 7:39:51 AM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Originally Posted by: javery Go to Quoted Post
My problem is the same as the other messages above. I need template OL32 for 0.5 inch removable matte round labels. It downloads a file, but trying to open it takes me to the file conversion box and no choice will open a word document/template. I tried the pdf file just in case, but my version of Word does not work with pdf files either. My biggest problem is going to be that I am using Windows 98SE with Microsoft Word 2000 on a Dell computer that I bought in 2000. I know--I've had this computer forever. It does not go online anymore, but has many years of files and I REALLY like the versions of Word & Excel that I have. My husband's computer does everything else; all the online stuff for us and it's a Mac. My computer is the only Windows version left in the house. I'd really appreciate it if you could produce a template in a *.doc file that would work on my version of Word. I've tried creating a custom template, which come out as squares, but it's questionable how many of the labels I printed would be usable and how many would go in the trash. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Attached you will find the word template for OL32, but I did notice you mentioned that your custom template is squares and I wanted to let you know that even our Word templates are squares. They have a circular pattern on them to simulate where the label cuts would be, but the problem is that Microsoft Word does not have the ability to do curved lines. Everything it works in is straight lines, so all of the templates we can create for it will be a box in which the circle can fit unfortunately.

If you're looking for software that has no issues with the circles I would like to suggest using our Maestro Label Designer. It's our own custom built software designed exclusively for our customers to use for designing their labels. It might offer you a little more freedom in your label designs over Word.

Edited by user Monday, March 23, 2015 7:51:24 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
ol32.doc (95kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

1 user thanked Brandon Morel for this useful post: javery
#13 Posted : 3/23/2015 7:50:39 AM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Originally Posted by: kenai Go to Quoted Post
My problem is same as above. But I need template for 1763. I have word 7. Thanks.

Good morning, I have attached a template for the OL1763 for Microsoft Word to this post.

Unfortunately you will not be able to see an outline of the labels in this as it is a custom shape and Microsoft Word cannot handle that information.

I would like to suggest using our Maestro Label Designer software as it is fully capable of displaying the custom shape of the item you are designing for. It also has quite a few features that make it easy to design exactly the label you are looking to create.

Edited by user Monday, March 23, 2015 7:52:37 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
OL1763.doc (29kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

#14 Posted : 3/24/2015 3:55:06 PM(EST)
javery

United States

For Brandon,

Thank you so much for the OL32 template! It's works beautifully. It shows the square template, but with the circle where the label actually fits, which helps me so much in verifying that what I type will fit within the label and is placed exactly where I want it. This template solves several problems I had with trying to make my own custom template within Word. Again, Thank You!
#15 Posted : 2/25/2016 9:23:11 PM(EST)
mspiggyd1

United States

I have El Captain OS on my mac and it won't let open OL32 - 0.5" Circle Label template word doc at all. It says there is a problem opening it. I know it's because I don't have word on my mac. Anyway you could send me a template that goes with Mac Pages?
#16 Posted : 2/26/2016 10:04:52 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mspiggyd1 Go to Quoted Post
I have El Captain OS on my mac and it won't let open OL32 - 0.5" Circle Label template word doc at all. It says there is a problem opening it. I know it's because I don't have word on my mac. Anyway you could send me a template that goes with Mac Pages?

Unfortunately, we do not have label templates available for Mac Pages at this time. For the OL32, I highly recommend that you use our Maestro Label Designer software to format the labels. You would have received an activation code for Maestro Label Designer with your order (look on order confirmation and on your packing slip).

You can learn more and launch Maestro Label Designer at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

If you are having difficulty locating the activation code or if you need to extend activation, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at http://www.onlinelabels.com/support. They will be happy to provide you with an activation code or extend an expired activation.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com