Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/27/2015 3:27:30 PM(EST)
Adria

Mexico

I need stick-on clothing label. what label recomended me?

the watherproof label resist washing machine and dry machine?

I need stick-on label for school objects for childs, what do you recomeded me?
Regards

Adriana
#2 Posted : 3/27/2015 11:00:48 PM(EST)
Malaperth

United States

As many products as OnlineLabels.com carries, I do not believe that they have a label that will stick to clothing and stay intact through a washing machine and dryer. For that, what you really need is a sewn label.

As far as labels for your children's belongings, pick your size, and if you need it to be water-resistant, choose the water-resistant label, then after printing the label, spray it with some clear coat paint spray. The water-resistant labels are water-resistant as far as coming off some products, but the ink you use they have no control over which is why you must seal the label with a waterproof clear coat spray.

Mal
#3 Posted : 3/28/2015 7:41:01 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Adria Go to Quoted Post
I need stick-on clothing label. what label recomended me?

the watherproof label resist washing machine and dry machine?

I need stick-on label for school objects for childs, what do you recomeded me?
Regards

Adriana

Unfortunately, we do not have anything that is going to work on clothing and withstand a wash and dry cycle at this time. There are companies that specialize in this type of labeling. If you do a search in Google for "camping labels", you will find quite a few companies that specialize in this type of labeling. Hopefully, this is something that we can offer in the future.

Our standard labels do work for labeling items (just not clothes that will be put through wash / dry cycle). If you know what items you would like to test, we are happy to provide you a few sample sheets. You can request samples at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#4 Posted : 4/1/2015 10:16:41 AM(EST)
Matt Hamilton

United States

I've used the laser polyester (LP) and the weatherproof matte finish inkjet material (WJ) for my sons sippy cups that he takes to day care.

Both materials hold up great to moisture and going through our dishwasher. I've found that the laser weatherproof material seems to have a little bit longer life than the inkjet but I'd suggest either for this type of application. We've also found that sticking a label to his food containers is helpful in getting them back home, before we labeled his containers they would get lost frequently.

Labeling food containers is also great for kids with allergies especially children with severe allergies. If you plan on bringing something into your child's class be sure to label your dish if it contains peanut, dairy or soy. Here is a link to some great free printable allergy labels.
#5 Posted : 5/26/2015 7:37:46 AM(EST)
labels4kidsoman

Originally Posted by: Matt Hamilton Go to Quoted Post
I've used the laser polyester (LP) and the weatherproof matte finish inkjet material (WJ) for my sons sippy cups that he takes to day care.

Both materials hold up great to moisture and going through our dishwasher. I've found that the laser weatherproof material seems to have a little bit longer life than the inkjet but I'd suggest either for this type of application. We've also found that sticking a label to his food containers is helpful in getting them back home, before we labeled his containers they would get lost frequently.

Labeling food containers is also great for kids with allergies especially children with severe allergies. If you plan on bringing something into your child's class be sure to label your dish if it contains peanut, dairy or soy. Here is a link to some great free printable allergy labels.

I also purchased some weatherproof matte finish inkjet labels for labeling bottles and food containers for the kids. The labels are holding great through the dishwasher but the ink is fading a bit during the first run in the dishwasher. In the meantime they have past the dishwasher a couple of times and the ink doesn't fade anymore. It only fades during the first run. Any suggestions to avoid the ink from fading during the first dishwasher run?
#6 Posted : 5/26/2015 8:43:28 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
labels4kidsoman - A dishwasher is definitely a tough environment. The top coating on the inkjet material is much like a towel. It will absorb a certain amount of ink like a towel will absorb a certain amount of water. Like a towel that gets completely saturated with water will no longer absorb additional water, the top coating on our waterproof inkjet material will absorb a certain amount of ink. Once you go over that point, there is some residual ink that will sit on top. In some cases, this excess ink will come off exposed to moisture. To avoid this issue, we typically recommend using the lowest ink setting that prints at the quality required. The performance of the labels will often depend on the printer used and the design that is put onto the label.

There are some ways to improve the water proof properties. Many customers will apply an overcoat spray to the labels after printing them in order to make the labels perform better. You can see an article on the topic at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-give-your-labels-an-extra-layer-of-protection-label-overcoa

I recommend testing and we are happy to provide some sample sheets if you would like to fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com