Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/23/2015 7:29:06 PM(EST)
Barcoder

Hi, I just created a simple project which is a web-based system for generating labels from Excel spreadsheets. You upload the spreadsheet and it creates labels as PDFs which you can then print. It does not need a login and does not store any information from the spreadsheet.

It has no styling or finished appearance but I want to know if this is useful. Here is the site:

https://exceltobarcode.com/

Thanks
#2 Posted : 6/25/2015 12:47:30 PM(EST)
Barcoder

No one has tried it! I'm hoping for feedback on this. It's new and it looks very simple but I'm hoping it will be useful to someone. We used it to generate many labels / barcodes in our office.
#3 Posted : 6/26/2015 6:22:15 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I took a quick look at your tool. The current instructions under the Help link are not clear. For example - What are the required fields on the spreadsheet? What type of barcode does it generate (UPC, etc.)?

OnlineLabels.com already offers a robust barcode generation tool in Maestro Label Designer. Our tool that is available in Maestro Label Designer can also take a spreadsheet and generate a variety of bar codes. Most users on this site are committed to using OnlineLabels.com software and products.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#4 Posted : 6/26/2015 12:31:15 PM(EST)
Barcoder

Hi Dave,

Thank you for trying it out. Obviously, it needs some more clear information about using it.

To use the tool I set up, you don't need any special format of the spreadsheet. Just upload your spreadsheet and see what it does. I need to add better instructions.

I looked at your Maestro product and it looks like it does something similar but is more advanced. But I think ours makes it easier to handle a spreadsheet upload.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2015 12:34:16 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified