Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/8/2015 10:29:12 AM(EST)
JanelleS

United States

I have created a label and love the design but the size of the label wont work for the product i have.

so I want the same design to be used on a a different size label? How can I do this?

#2 Posted : 9/8/2015 2:34:57 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I was able to locate your customer account in our system, and it appears that you are using Maestro Label Designer to design your labels. When using Maestro Label Designer you can move design elements from one template to another. To accomplish this, please follow the steps listed below:

- Open the saved design that you would like to transfer to a new template.

- Above the design area please make sure that the "Select" tool is active.

- On the design area, click outside of your completed design and drag a rectangle around the whole thing. This should select all of the elements that make up your design.

- With the design elements still selected, please click on "Copy" in the menu bar.

- After you have clicked on "Copy", click on "New" in the menu bar. If prompted, save your current design to ensure that none of your work is lost. Select the item number for the new template that you want to use.

- Once the blank template is open, click on "Paste" in the menu bar. All design elements from your original design should be pasted on to the new template at this time. They may need to be re-sized to fit the new label size but they will all be available and easy to make edits to.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should require any additional assistance please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Kundalela
#3 Posted : 9/9/2015 12:25:30 PM(EST)
JanelleS

United States

The Only Problem is it didnt copy it in the colors I had? THank you for the help it is a time saver
#4 Posted : 9/9/2015 12:33:27 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

The selected colors for any text, shapes, or borders should copy over as well. If you selected a background color on the original design you would need to manually choose the background color on the new template as well.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional details.
#5 Posted : 9/28/2015 3:52:16 PM(EST)
TerraVista

United States

I have designed a label with maestro but when I put it on page print preview, it creates an odd shaped border and shorter length lines I have on there atop and bottom as a partial border, which I do want on there. It also creates a vertical border on each side as well. How to I remove the malfunctioning border lines?
#6 Posted : 9/29/2015 9:03:56 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: TerraVista Go to Quoted Post
I have designed a label with maestro but when I put it on page print preview, it creates an odd shaped border and shorter length lines I have on there atop and bottom as a partial border, which I do want on there. It also creates a vertical border on each side as well. How to I remove the malfunctioning border lines?

I'm sorry to hear about your issue and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I was able to locate your Maestro Label Designer account and view your saved designs. It appears that the problem is occurring because the Rectangle Tool was used to create the top and bottom borders.

For some reason, shrinking the rectangle down so that it appears as a line is currently causing an error in the software. I've made the developer aware of this issue and he is currently looking into possible resolutions. In the meantime, I did confirm that if you create the top and bottom border using the Line Tool instead of the Rectangle Tool the print preview will appear normally and allow you to print your labels as intended.

To find the Line Tool within Maestro Label Designer, you would click on Add Shapes and then select the middle icon under Select a Shape - it should appear as a diagonal line.

I hope this information helps. If you should require any additional assistance please just let me know.
#7 Posted : 9/29/2015 9:33:02 AM(EST)
TerraVista

United States

Josh, tyvm. However, please don't allow them to alter it until I can get these printed today. I like the way it turned out - allowed me to add color in the corners, which we have finalized on after all. Thanks so much for your knowledgeable help. Scott
#8 Posted : 9/29/2015 9:44:22 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm happy that I could help. There isn't a definitive timeline on the fix for this issue, but the developer did let me know it would be corrected in the next update to Maestro Label Designer.

If you like the way the labels are appearing currently, please make sure you save the PDF files to your computer so you can access and print them again later if necessary. Once the update is applied, the additional borders and color in the corners will no longer be possible, as that was technically an unintended bug within the program.

If you should require any additional assistance please just let me know. Thank you for your business!
#9 Posted : 9/29/2015 9:51:07 AM(EST)
TerraVista

United States

Josh, thank you for your prompt replies and information right on spot. I am really happy with Online Labels all the way around the board and look forward to many future business endeavors. I do have them saved as pdf's now. thanks again

Scott