Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/31/2015 3:30:52 PM(EST)
BifrostFarms

United States

Created my labels using Maestro on Firefox. Adobe Flash is updated and I've followed all printing instructions.

First off, when I printed a sample on plain paper, none of my labels on the page lined up. I had to recreated the labels using the option to make each one different and then fiddle with each, printing many plain paper samples until they all lined up in the circle (2.5 in. round labels).

Once I had everything lined up and my sample looked great, I put the label sheet in and while everything was still lined up correctly, the font I had chosen to use, and showed up on the print preview and had printed correctly on the sample sheet, had become just a plain sans serif font.

I have closed and reopened and retried printing three times. Each time, the plain paper sample looks perfect. As soon as I put in a sheet of labels, the font becomes plain old sans serif. I can think of no reason the paper type should make a difference, so I'm calling for help.

Edit to add: The font I'm using on the label is Trade Winds. It was actually one I did not have, but was listed in the Maestro dropdown, and I liked it so went out and found a copy and installed it on my PC.

thank you,
Meg Wittenmyer

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:33:52 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 11/2/2015 8:28:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
That is a strange issue. I haven't never heard of a font changing when you print on regular paper vs. label material. Rather than try to trouble shoot why it is doing that, I think it may be best to just make a settings change in your Adobe Reader which should resolve the font issue.

The best way to solve this issue is to print your whole design as an image rather than letting the PDF file used embedded fonts. To print as an image, open the printer dialog box in Adobe Reader and select the “Advanced” option in the lower left. In this area you will see the option to “Print As Image.” Once you have clicked this option and press print, it should resolve the issue.

I have included a screen shot for your reference. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
adobe_print_as_image.PNG (96kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#3 Posted : 11/2/2015 4:25:08 PM(EST)
BifrostFarms

United States

Thanks so much Dave.That seemed to do it. I thought it was rather weird also and had no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Now if I can just make the template match the label sheet.
Meg
#4 Posted : 11/2/2015 4:57:58 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Meg - I am glad to hear that resolved the font issue.

Let's try to resolve your template issue. I went in and reviewed your design in Maestro Label Designer and I am able to see the moves you are making to try to get the labels to line up. Something is definitely not right if you are having to move things around like that to get it to line up. Can you confirm that you have Page Scaling set to None when you print the PDF from Adobe Reader?

Also - can you confirm the measurements on the sheet (see dimensions below)? I need to try to establish why the labels are not lining up to the Maestro Label Designer template.

Here are the the measurements for our product code OL2683. Please confirm that you are getting the same measurements.

Sheet Size: 8.5" x 11"
Dimensions: 2.5" Circle
Margins: Top 0.625", Bottom 0.625", Left 0.3125", Right 0.3125"
Spacing: Horizontal 0.1875", Vertical 1.125"

Let me know and I can continue to trouble shoot the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 12/1/2015 11:24:46 AM(EST)
Guinny1

I am having the same issue with Firefox and Adobe. Everything is updated and the checklist on onlinelabels says that the programs check out. However, from my saved template page to my print preview page, location of text is changing. I have to have 150 lip balms labeled by this weekend and every time I try to get to a printable preview page, the text is changed in position or size from the template.

AND when I save a template and go back to work on it again, text boxes will be moved and not saved to where I had them saved. This is highly irritating.

Edited to add: After much fiddling, I have switched over to Google Chrome, started saving sheets as a pdf and printing them that way. It is a couple more steps. But so far, it does not appear that the font/text is moving around on me anymore like it was on Firefox.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:20:45 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : 12/1/2015 2:05:39 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Guinny1 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue with Firefox and Adobe. Everything is updated and the checklist on onlinelabels says that the programs check out. However, from my saved template page to my print preview page, location of text is changing. I have to have 150 lip balms labeled by this weekend and every time I try to get to a printable preview page, the text is changed in position or size from the template.

AND when I save a template and go back to work on it again, text boxes will be moved and not saved to where I had them saved. This is highly irritating.

Edited to add: After much fiddling, I have switched over to Google Chrome, started saving sheets as a pdf and printing them that way. It is a couple more steps. But so far, it does not appear that the font/text is moving around on me anymore like it was on Firefox.

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by switching to Google Chrome from Firefox. That being said, we are not aware of any issue that specifically causes things to move around when running Maestro Label Designer running in Firefox and printing using Adobe Reader. Can you provide additional information on what part of your design was moving when you attempted to print the PDF? Can you also provide more specific details on your version of Adobe Reader and Firefox? Let me know and I can have our technical team do further troubleshooting.

You can also send screenshots to us if you submit a ticket at our support center area at the link below. Please reference this forum post in your ticket.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com