Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/17/2015 4:32:06 PM(EST)
Michael

New Zealand

Hi. As a brand new user of Maestro, this question - and an answer - may be somewhere in previous topics; haven't found it in a search yet. I'd like to upload an image from my PC and then remove the background. Performing this action is simple in Word - but it needs to be part of the Word programme to have that formatting tool and I can't transfer that to Maestro. As an alternative can Maestro save in other than PDF? If we could save in Word format then extra editing functions are available. I could buy PDF editing but as a home user I don't really want that expense. Thanks in advance :)
#2 Posted : 11/17/2015 5:09:11 PM(EST)
Michael

New Zealand

Actually..i've found the answer to removing a background - can't be done. found a previous post. But is there an alternative to saving in PDF format?
#3 Posted : 11/18/2015 10:59:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Michael -

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, PDF is the only output file type available when using Maestro Label Designer. While Microsoft Word isn't an available output file type in the program, we do offer Microsoft Word templates for most of our standard products. They can be downloaded directly from each individual product page on our website.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should require any additional details please just let me know.
#4 Posted : 11/20/2015 3:16:39 PM(EST)
Michael

New Zealand

Hi Josh.

Thanks for the reply. I do find the Word templates on your site extremely useful especially with the measurements also provided i.e vertical and horizontal pitch. MS factor in regional standards and this part of the world uses a different scale to the US: the standard letter size here (A3) is larger/longer than the US so formatting is an extra challenge. At least with the scales provided a user can create a label size. Thanks again.

Michael
#5 Posted : 11/28/2015 10:57:22 PM(EST)
candlemoments

United States

You could try using a background burner program. Burner Bonanza offers a certain amount of free burns per month (burner.bonanza.com), or for a small fee. You could also use Clipping Magic (clippingmagic.com) for a nominal fee.
#6 Posted : 12/3/2015 4:45:19 AM(EST)
Michael

New Zealand

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply 'candlemoments'. My real goal was to get around the formatting and not have the labels printing 'off'. Given that printers themselves have to be set correctly adds to the frustrations. Looking at some of the points raised by others in the past I think a few of us have similar needs. I used MS Word and mostly used 'text box' inserts for each label - forget the name 'text' it's a box that can be used for pictures etc. I then used format to 'fill' the text box with a picture and if necessary it also allowed me to remove backgrounds etc. I added extra text boxes as required, using the 'remove outline' and 'remove fill' if typing actual words; this allows the label to remain unprinted and one can even over-print pictures if necessary. Using Word also allowed me to create an inner frame or even an edge to the label itself which makes labels look a bit smarter.

The great thing about Online labels is the detailed dimensions provided: this meant I could create an exact page with the right margins and once I'd factored in how the paper is fed to my laser printer - I used manual feed - it worked fine.

Thanks for your info. and time.

Regards

Michael