Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/12/2015 9:30:06 PM(EST)
JLN

I have a white background and I want to print a clear label and make the background clear. Can this be accomplished in the Maestro label designer software?
#2 Posted : 3/13/2015 8:04:20 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
JLN -

If you're uploading an image that includes a white background there would be no way to remove that white background within Maestro Label Designer at this time. To accomplish something like this you would need to use image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.

One other possible solution would be to use an online editing tool to remove your white background. I've had some success with www.clippingmagic.com in the past, but it appears that they are charging a small fee now for the service. I was able to find a site called www.fotoflexer.com that claims to offer the same functionality for free, but I haven't had the opportunity to use it personally so I can't say for certain how well it will work for you. Doing a quick Google search for something like "remove white background from image" may provide you with some leads on additional editing tools online as well.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should need any additional details please just let us know!
#3 Posted : 3/13/2015 8:31:22 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
White does not print on a typical laser or inkjet printer so as long as your background is white it will not print. In other words - anywhere where there is white on your design there will be an absence of toner / ink when you go to print so based on your explanation of what you need to do, Maestro Label Designer should work well.

If your issue is that you have images in your document that have a white background and they are covering up an object underneath then Josh's advice is correct. Assuming that an image in your label design has a white background and you need to see objects behind the image, you will need to upload an image that already has a transparent background.

Pixlr is an excellent photo editing tool. It is web based so there is nothing to download and it is free to use.

You can check it out at the link below:

http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/

It allows you to make a transparent background on an image. Here is a video on the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r17b_QK_9Ng

Here is Pixlr's support topic on the issue.

https://support.pixlr.com/hc/en-us/articles/202501180-Cutting-things-out-the-easy-way-using-the-Magic-Wand-in-Pixlr-Editor

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#4 Posted : 3/13/2015 11:04:01 AM(EST)
JLN

Thank you both very much for your reply! You both helped me out with my issues.
#5 Posted : 11/17/2015 5:16:27 PM(EST)
Michael

New Zealand

Hi JLN. I'd be interested to know if you resolved your need? I had a similar question. I'm not using white labels so have a similar need in that I want to remove a background. It's actually easy to do this in Word and if using the 'mailings' function it's a specific formatting tool that allows an image to be played with. Would like to know how you resolved your problem if you have the time. It may help me: I'm not in the US and we use a different letter size here (longer, called A3) , so whilst I can create labels, formatting to a smaller page is a struggle:)
#6 Posted : 11/18/2015 11:05:51 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Michael -

This feature isn't currently available within Maestro Label Designer, but we do have Microsoft Word templates available for most of our standard products. You can access all of our template options by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/templates/blank-label-templates

Generally, we've found that designing within Maestro Label Designer is easier for most label configurations, but depending on your design requirements you may find the Microsoft Word templates useful.
#7 Posted : 11/20/2015 9:20:33 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Go to Quoted Post
Hi JLN. I'd be interested to know if you resolved your need? I had a similar question. I'm not using white labels so have a similar need in that I want to remove a background. It's actually easy to do this in Word and if using the 'mailings' function it's a specific formatting tool that allows an image to be played with. Would like to know how you resolved your problem if you have the time. It may help me: I'm not in the US and we use a different letter size here (longer, called A3) , so whilst I can create labels, formatting to a smaller page is a struggle:)

As I mentioned in my previous post - If your background is white it will not print since white doesn't print. What color is the background that you are trying to remove?

Let us know and we may be able to make a good recommendation.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com