Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/1/2015 12:25:46 AM(EST)
MikeVC

United States

Currently using OL875WI labels. They are 3 across and 10 down.

When printing a sheet, the left column aligns too much to the left. The right column aligns too much to the right. Also the labels get lower as they get down. I have already tried aligning multiple times. Can get 1 correct and the rest will misalign. The pages are not scaled. Tried printing from the browser as well as Adobe Reader. I already went through the troubleshooting page and read all the tips. PDF reader is at 100% and printer settings are at 100%. The only thing I can think off is the spacing between the labels is not set up correctly in the Maestro software. My top label can be perfect but they get progressively lower as they go down. By the time they get to the bottom they are completely off track. And that's if I only do one column because doing 2 would go too much left or too much right. Hopefully someone can help. I'm stumped and spent hours on this.

Also, I have the glossy waterproof labels. They come out sticky even after drying overnight. Is there any tips to make them not sticky? Maybe hit them with a heat gun?
#2 Posted : 12/1/2015 8:10:46 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
MikeVC -

I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you've been experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

I just printed a few sample designs using the OL875 template in Maestro Label Designer to check for any possible errors with the template. Each of the designs printed perfectly aligned using a couple of different printers that I have access to in the office, so the template does appear to be functioning properly.

I was able to locate your account in our system, and it appears that you may have used the alignment tool to adjust the margins on your Bubble Gum template. This could possibly be the cause of the issue. If the alignment tool was used to account for misalignment when printing from the browser's PDF viewer, then the adjustments made to the margins would potentially cause the printed design to come out misaligned when printing directly from Adobe Reader.

The following steps will allow you to reset your margins, and then reattempt the print job directly from Adobe Reader:

- Open the saved design within Maestro Label Designer.
- Click on "Page Setup" in the menu bar. It is located directly next to the "Print" icon.
- Directly under the "Reverse Print" check box click on the "Reset to default settings" link and then click the blue "Ok" button.
- Click on the "Print" icon and then click on "Save as PDF".
- Open the saved PDF within Adobe Reader and print the design, making sure that the scaling option is set to "Actual size" or 100%.

I think this will likely solve the issue that you're experiencing. Please give it a try and let me know if you're still seeing the same misalignment.

Regarding the Weatherproof White Gloss material feeling sticky after printing, this is most likely a result of the material being over-saturated with ink. This can happen when printing a full black background with certain inkjet printer models. Adjusting the material type to "Photo" or "Glossy" will more than likely improve the results. You may also want to consider using the "Normal" quality setting instead of "Best" - the quality setting directly dictates the level of ink saturation on most printer models.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should require any additional details please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 12/5/2015 1:58:10 PM(EST)
MikeVC

United States

Thanks for the tips, especially with the ink saturation. I found that letting them dry for 24 hours helps a lot but may still reduce the ink using the tips mentioned. Already use glossy so I'll see how reducing the quality works.

It seems like my alignment issues are from borderless printing. Even at the lowest setting the canon drivers stretch it slightly. Normal printing doesn't work since there is a 1 inch margin. The Adobe software does not allow you to adjust margins. It seems to be pulling margins from the printer driver. Borderless printing at lowest setting works for now with a bleed. Is there any way to shrink the margins for normal printing? Adobe has them greyed out.
#4 Posted : 12/6/2015 8:18:25 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I haven't seen this behavior from a printer before. It sounds like it is skewing the image to make it bigger than it should be. What happens when you print the PDF file that can downloaded at the link below?

http://www.onlinelabels.com/printermargins.htm

Is there a way to disable borderless printing in your printer driver or on the printer itself?

I did some research into that issue with the margins being dimmed out in the Adobe Reader. I wasn't able to find any definitive way to make those not be dimmed out. You can see a thread on Adobe's website on the topic at the link below.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/776169

From what I can tell, those margin settings in Adobe Reader should not matter if you have Page Scaling set to off / disabled in Adobe Reader. My system says those margins are 1", but my system ignores those settings when printing. My printer goes all the way to its unprintable margins.

Please provide us with additional information and we can continue to help you troubleshoot.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com