Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/5/2015 9:56:14 PM(EST)
Forever Yours

United States

Hello,

I have 4 designs I want to print on a SINGLE sheet.
For example Item OL5275 (.750 did circle labels).

There are 12 rows of 9 lines each (108 stickers total)
I want to do One design one lines 1-3, a 2nd design on lines 4-6, and a 3rd design on rows 7-9, and a 4th design on rows 10-12

Is that possible?

I have only figured how to print one design per sheet.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
#2 Posted : 12/5/2015 10:30:37 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Yes, you can do this since Maestro Label Designer does support multiple label designs on one sheet. You can read our tutorial on the topic at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-design-multiple-label-designs-in-maestro.htm

Let us know if you need any additional help once you have read the tutorial.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/27/2016 9:05:19 PM(EST)
JohnSuh7

I had a question regarding this, Is it possible to use a Previously designed Single label in the Multi label template? If not is there any simple way to do so other than remaking them.

Thanks.
#4 Posted : 1/28/2016 9:25:53 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: JohnSuh7 Go to Quoted Post
I had a question regarding this, Is it possible to use a Previously designed Single label in the Multi label template? If not is there any simple way to do so other than remaking them.

Thanks.

Yes - this is possible. From your single design, just skip to step 7 in the tutorial at the link below and it will show you how to take a single design and add multiple designs to your label sheet.

http://www.onlinelabels....l-designs-in-maestro.htm

Let me know if this resolves your issue. I am happy to offer more instructions if you need further direction.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 1/29/2016 5:41:40 PM(EST)
JohnSuh7

No that was not my question, Is it possible to use multiple pre-designed labels on the Multiple label template? How would i load in my Single designs into the multiple label template. I do not want to add a new design but load ones i have previously made.
#6 Posted : 1/29/2016 9:09:13 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: JohnSuh7 Go to Quoted Post
No that was not my question, Is it possible to use multiple pre-designed labels on the Multiple label template? How would i load in my Single designs into the multiple label template. I do not want to add a new design but load ones i have previously made.

I didn't realize that you were trying to combine single designs from multiple files. The best way to accomplish this is to use the Copy / Paste function in Maestro Label Designer.

Here are some instructions:

1. Open the design/file that you want to copy
2. Select all the elements in the design that you want to copy (to do this drag Select Tool to select multiple elements or hit Ctrl & A key at same time to select all elements in design)
3. Click the Copy button
4. Click Open in the top left hand corner (It may ask you to Save your existing design - you can save it if you wish)
5. Select the design/file that you want to copy your design onto
5. Once the file is open (and you are on the appropriate tab assuming you are using the Multiple Design Tool, click the Paste button).
6. You will need to repeat this process for each design that you want to copy into the new design/file

I hope this information is helpful. I am happy to further clarify if you run into any issues.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 8/28/2017 7:16:14 PM(EST)
Rebecca

United States

I've followed your directions and have 6 different labels designed on a 48 label sheet. However, when I add background color it colors the whole sheet. I need a separate color for each of the six labels. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
#8 Posted : 8/29/2017 10:57:44 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Rebecca -

Based on your description it sounds like you're designing in Full Sheet Design Mode instead of Standard Design Mode. Creating a new template and choosing Standard Design Mode when prompted will allow you to accomplish different background colors on the same page.

Once you open the template in Standard Design Mode you should a single label to design into. To design your labels individually, follow the steps provided below:

- Click on "Multi Design" in the menu bar on the left side of Maestro Label Designer. This will bring up a layout showing all of the labels on the page.

- Click on the orange button titled "Add New Design". You can now enter a name for the design and then select exactly where on the sheet you want this specific design to appear. Then click "Continue" to proceed.

- You'll be back on the single design screen now. To set a background color, click on "View" in the top menu bar of Maestro Label Designer and then click on "Background Color". This will let you select the background color from a full pallet of color swatches. Clicking on a color swatch will apply this background color to your current design, and then return you to the template.

- At this point the background color will be applied to all the labels you selected on the sheet layout. You can add the remaining information to your label to complete the first design. When you're ready to proceed to the second design click on "Multi Design" in the left menu bar and then "Add New Design" again.

- Continue the process as necessary until you have all six of your designs with their own background colors added to the layout.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know. We'll be happy to assist in any way possible.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Rebecca
#9 Posted : 8/29/2017 12:25:49 PM(EST)
Rebecca

United States

Thank you!!