Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/28/2016 7:07:14 AM(EST)
andrea.templeman@btinternet.com

United Kingdom

Hi how do I update the font list with new fonts that I have as when i click on the font list my new one isn't there ?
#2 Posted : 3/28/2016 8:40:21 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
To make sure new fonts appear correctly within Maestro Label Designer you need to make sure they have been properly installed on your machine. We have a tutorial available on our website that will walk you through the step-by-step process of adding new fonts to your computer. You can access this tutorial at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels....ow-to-install-fonts.aspx

#3 Posted : 3/28/2016 7:50:11 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Andrea - It is also critical that you have Adobe Flash Player installed and running on your computer in order for Maestro Label Designer to access the fonts installed locally on your system.

You can run the Maestro Label Designer compatibility tool at the link below to confirm you have Adobe Flash Player installed.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro-requirements-checklist.aspx

If you don't have Adobe Flash Player installed, Maestro Label Designer will only display the standard set of open source fonts that are included in Maestro Label Designer.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#4 Posted : 3/29/2016 4:25:44 PM(EST)

United Kingdom

Thats great thanks, they have updated now, Is there anyway to outline coloured text so for example pink coloured text with a black or other colour outline
#5 Posted : 3/29/2016 4:39:14 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: andrea.templeman@btinternet.com Go to Quoted Post
Thats great thanks, they have updated now, Is there anyway to outline coloured text so for example pink coloured text with a black or other colour outline

Maestro Label Designer doesn't currently support adding an outline to text. I can definitely pass that feature request on to our development team to see if it a feature that can be added in the future.

If you have Microsoft Word installed on your computer, you may want to consider creating outlined text in Microsoft Word using the built-in Word Art functionality. You can then export that Word Art as an image (or take a screenshot) and import it into Maestro Label Designer.

Here is an article on creating outlined text in Word.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-or-delete-a-fill-outline-or-effect-for-text-or-WordArt-fa595114-5ee7-4a01-ab6a-af18ca5f2381

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#6 Posted : 3/29/2016 4:55:48 PM(EST)

United Kingdom

Ok thanks I have just seen lots of people using the outline feature but I dont know how they do it as I want curved text in the circle so not sure if word would work for me, if its a feature you could use that would be great
#7 Posted : 4/23/2016 1:10:34 PM(EST)
BirdlegsNaturals

United States

Hello.
I am having trouble with my fonts appearing in the program. I have done all that is required and Maestro Label Designer - Requirements Checklist indicates that the plug-ins are detected, however, when I go to the fonts menu, and click on the "looking for more fonts" link, I get an error message that Adobe Flash is not detected on my machine...
Befuddled on what to do next...help?

Thanks so much!
Angie
BirdlegsNaturals
#8 Posted : 4/24/2016 10:14:25 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: BirdlegsNaturals Go to Quoted Post
Hello.
I am having trouble with my fonts appearing in the program. I have done all that is required and Maestro Label Designer - Requirements Checklist indicates that the plug-ins are detected, however, when I go to the fonts menu, and click on the "looking for more fonts" link, I get an error message that Adobe Flash is not detected on my machine...
Befuddled on what to do next...help?

Thanks so much!
Angie
BirdlegsNaturals

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Can you provide me with your browser version and operating system? I need more information in order to troubleshoot the issue.

To get your browser version and operating system, you can run the compatibility check at the link below and let me know the information that shows in Additional Information.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#9 Posted : 4/25/2016 12:47:07 AM(EST)
BirdlegsNaturals

United States

Additional information:
Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
Web Browser: Chrome 49
Screen Size: 1366 x 768 pixels
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.110 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.65

Edited by user Monday, April 25, 2016 12:47:48 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : 4/25/2016 8:54:32 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Additional information:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.110 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.65

BirdlegsNaturals - Thanks for providing this information. I believe the issue may be related to Chrome blocking Flash Player when you are in Maestro Label Designer. Let me know if you see an red X in the right hand corner of your browser window url bar when you are in Maestro Label Designer? I have attached images that show what happens in your browser window when Chrome blocks Flash Player.

If you are seeing the X, please click on the red X and then select "Always allow plugins on https://maestro.onlinelabels.com".

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
flash_blocked_maestro_entry.PNG (111kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
how_to_fix_flash_block.PNG (108kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#11 Posted : 4/25/2016 11:31:46 AM(EST)
BirdlegsNaturals

United States

Originally Posted by: dcarmany Go to Quoted Post
Additional information:

BirdlegsNaturals - Thanks for providing this information. I believe the issue may be related to Chrome blocking Flash Player when you are in Maestro Label Designer. Let me know if you see an red X in the right hand corner of your browser window url bar when you are in Maestro Label Designer? I have attached images that show what happens in your browser window when Chrome blocks Flash Player.

If you are seeing the X, please click on the red X and then select "Always allow plugins on https://maestro.onlinelabels.com".

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

I'm not sure why the info I provided (I copy and pasted it from the "Additional Information", as requested) said Chrome...I am using Opera, so there is no little envelope, as in your picture. I do have an Ad Blocker, but I disabled it for that site.

Thank you,
Angie

#12 Posted : 4/25/2016 1:12:43 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: dcarmany Go to Quoted Post
Additional information:

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

I'm not sure why the info I provided (I copy and pasted it from the "Additional Information", as requested) said Chrome...I am using Opera, so there is no little envelope, as in your picture. I do have an Ad Blocker, but I disabled it for that site.

Thank you,
Angie

Thanks for the information. I don't have too much experience with the Opera browser. I did some quick searching on the web to see what information I could find on the topic.

Can you confirm that Flash Player is enabled in your Opera browser? Here is some instructions from Adobe on how to enable the Flash plugin.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-opera.html

Our Maestro Label Designer compatibility check only checks to see if Flash Player is installed. It doesn't check to make sure that it is enabled.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#13 Posted : 4/25/2016 4:58:40 PM(EST)
BirdlegsNaturals

United States

It is already enabled.
I also have Silver Light and Adobe Shock Player enabled. Would this, perhaps, interfere with Flash?
#14 Posted : 4/25/2016 5:59:23 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

It is already enabled.
I also have Silver Light and Adobe Shock Player enabled. Would this, perhaps, interfere with Flash?

I don't think that Silverlight or Adobe Shock Player would conflict in anyway with Flash Player. As a test, I downloaded the Opera browser to my computer to see if there were any special security settings that needed to be changed. Once I installed Flash Player and restarted Opera, my fonts showed up in Maestro Label Designer. Based on that, it seems like there is something wrong with your Flash installation or something has been disabled.

Can you run the tests at the link below and let me know the results? I am specifically interested in whether you are seeing the animation in step 5.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Do you have another browser on your computer that you could try? Do you have a copy of Chrome running on your machine that you could try to see if you can see the fonts in Chrome?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#15 Posted : 9/14/2018 12:45:10 PM(EST)
John22

United States

I am having issues allowing maestro from running adoble flash player on chrome. so i can't update the fonts. There is no red X or popup allowing me to add you to the permissions list for flash. I get a message that flash was not detected or not detected as running. however i have it installed and it is running. I get the same message consistently. i've reinstalled flash player 3 times. What do i do?
#16 Posted : 9/14/2018 3:10:13 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: John22 Go to Quoted Post
I am having issues allowing maestro from running adoble flash player on chrome. so i can't update the fonts. There is no red X or popup allowing me to add you to the permissions list for flash. I get a message that flash was not detected or not detected as running. however i have it installed and it is running. I get the same message consistently. i've reinstalled flash player 3 times. What do i do?

What happens when you run the test at the link below?

If you are failing the Flash Player test, you may have Flash Player installed on your computer, but it may be disabled for our site in your Chrome browser.

To enable Flash for Maestro Label Designer in Chrome, open Chrome and type the following into your address bar.

chrome://settings/content

On the content settings screen, locate Flash player settings.Select Add under the Allow setting and add the following url.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com

Once you have added https://maestro.onlinelabels.com to the approved site list, please go back to the page below and run the test again.

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#17 Posted : 9/15/2018 8:15:20 AM(EST)
John22

United States

Looks like that did it. Clicking on the lock and alllowing the site permission to run Adobe flash. I was looking under settings and couldn't figure out why i couldn't add a site.

Thanks!!!
#18 Posted : 10/7/2020 10:56:39 AM(EST)
epearlman

United States

We recently changed the way Maestro Label Designer accesses personal fonts stored on your computer. Support for the previous method (Adobe Flash) is being discontinued on December 14th. Moving forward, we recommend you use a compatible web browser with our free Maestro Label Designer Font Finder extension in order to access your computer fonts.

There's a quick and easy extension installation process to complete, then fonts currently installed on your computer will appear below the preset fonts in the "Font Family" dropdown.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2020 10:57:59 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

Erin Pearlman, PR Coordinator