Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/26/2016 3:06:15 PM(EST)
kbarnes102

United States

My designer set up some labels for me using the downloaded template for the 3X2 rounded rectangle. He also included additional size for bleeds. However when I upload the files and then import them into my project the length of the label is 2.5" instead of 3"+? Has anyone else seen a change in file size when uploading PNG's?

#2 Posted : 9/27/2016 11:35:33 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I had our technical team look into your issue. I believe the issue the issue that you are experiencing is related to the fact that when a new image is added to a design in Maestro Label Designer, we cap the default size at 0.5” above the template size. We do this in order to stop users from uploading images significantly larger than required. It has helped us to address situations where a customer uploads something like a photo from a digital camera, which would be much larger than the template.

In your case, it seems that you are rotating the image after it is added. That’s why the system thinks it needs to cap the size. I checked with our technical team and they recommended the following options:

1) Resize the image to desired the size after adding it to the design (use the Position and Size Properties for an exact fit).
2) Set the template to landscape mode in Maestro Label Designer before adding the image, so the orientation of the template matches the orientation of the image.
3) Rotate the image outside of Maestro Label Designer and re-upload, so the orientation of the image matches the orientation of the template.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. If not, I am happy to do further research to help find a solution.

Thanks.

Dave C.
#3 Posted : 9/27/2016 12:08:11 PM(EST)
kbarnes102

United States

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick response! It worked! I set the file to landscape and then imported the images, and they lined up perfectly.

Problem solved :)

Kari