Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/11/2016 4:38:56 PM(EST)
butterfly819

United States

I am a new Maestro user. In my previous software, they made it impossible to use gif files for layering so I am here using Maestro. The one feature that I miss is the ability to be able to take an image and stretch it to fit the background of my 2.5" round label and layer my text and other images on top of it. I do not see how I can do that in Maestro. I do not want stark white labels for my products. Is there another way to put my background image on my labels in this software? My original image is a rectangle. I would include it in this post but I don't see a button that would allow me to even upload it.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:40:18 PM(EST)  | Reason: Bad grammar lol

#2 Posted : 10/12/2016 9:37:38 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
We do not have anything in Maestro Label Designer that allows you to set an image as a background image. That being said, Maestro Label Designer does support layers so you can just upload your image you want to use as your background and add it to the design. Once you have added it to the design, you can stretch it to cover the entire label and then put it on the bottom layer effectively making it a background image.

I would think that would solve your issue. Let me know if that doesn't work and I am happy to offer some additional thoughts on the topic.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 10/12/2016 10:10:09 AM(EST)
butterfly819

United States

Quote:

We do not have anything in Maestro Label Designer that allows you to set an image as a background image. That being said, Maestro Label Designer does support layers so you can just upload your image you want to use as your background and add it to the design. Once you have added it to the design, you can stretch it to cover the entire label and then put it on the bottom layer effectively making it a background image.

I would think that would solve your issue. Let me know if that doesn't work and I am happy to offer some additional thoughts on the topic.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Dave C.,

Thank you for your response. I did try to stretch it using the arrows within the label, but I was unsuccessful. It seems that if I were using a rectangular label, it would probably work but I am using a 2.5" round label. The more I attempt to stretch it, the more it goes outside of the circle. And if I pull the arrows downward to try to cover the length of the circle, the image stretches to the right or left. I hope that makes sense. I do like the additional fonts this software has however. Seems like I'll have to redesign my labels or go back to my two label design of my old packaging if I can't figure this out. Bummer but at least I have my butterfly back which is why I came to Maestro in the first place.....for the layering capabilities.
#4 Posted : 10/12/2016 10:33:53 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
There is no issue with stretching the background image well beyond the borders of the circle. Maestro Label Designer will automatically crop the image when you print the PDF so the background image won't flow onto the labels next to each other on the sheet.

I have attached a couple of images so you can see what I am saying. In the first image, you can see the background image is well beyond the borders of the 2.5" circle in design mode in Maestro Label Designer. The 2nd image is the PDF file that is generated from Maestro Label Designer. You can see it automatically cropped the square background image and makes it so it doesn't flow onto other labels on the sheet.

I am pretty confident that Maestro Label Designer will work for what you are trying to do with the background image. Let me know if this makes sense. I am happy to offer additional help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

dcarmany attached the following image(s):
background_image_beyond_borders_of_circle.JPG (149kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
maestro_label_designer_automatically_cropping_background_image.JPG (63kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#5 Posted : 10/12/2016 10:40:41 AM(EST)
butterfly819

United States

I'll give it a shot! You are awesome Dave C.! Thanks a bunch!