Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages12»
#1 Posted : 10/17/2016 11:17:53 AM(EST)
aprilwade

There is a specific custom sticker layout I would like but the custom ones do not have the templates for maestro. I do not have anything else to use except gimp on my laptop and it doesn't line up the labels and it doesn't allow me to design the labels like maestro.

Is any of the other design things able to make the label like maestro where it shows the template and will bleed over to cover the whole label and will not print the lines of the label?

The specific label I am wanting is OL2353WJ
#2 Posted : 10/17/2016 1:09:49 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Were you planning to purchase item OL2353 from us? Maestro Label Designer does have the ability to support non-standard items such as OL2353. Once an item is ordered our team can set up the template so it would be available in your Maestro Label Designer account.

If you don't want to consider that option, I am not really sure of a way to achieve what you want to do other than to download the PDF file for the OL2353 template and open it up in Adobe Illustrator and make it a non-printing layer. I know that is not the most optimal suggestion since it is probably unlikely you have a copy of Adobe Illustrator unless you are a professional graphic designer. Here is a link to the PDF template for the item.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Templates/OL2353-template-pdf.htm

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 10/17/2016 1:25:33 PM(EST)
aprilwade

Yes I would be ordering that item if I am able to get the template to use in maestro.

are you saying once i make the purchase i will be given that template to use in maestro?

are all the custom designs like this, meaning only after you make the purchase of the label you then get access to use the template?
#4 Posted : 10/17/2016 1:33:47 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Yes - Maestro Label Designer is able to support custom items, and they can be added to the account once a purchase for the item is made. In some cases, I can do it before the purchase is made, but I checked on this item and it requires a manual set up which means I can have our team work on setting it up once you commit to purchasing the item.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 10/17/2016 1:37:47 PM(EST)
aprilwade

that is great news. i will be ordering it today. what do i need to do to get the template created for me once i have ordered
#6 Posted : 10/17/2016 1:47:51 PM(EST)
aprilwade

also does a template not print right meaning it takes out everything other then whats in the label part unless you purchased that label? i just tried to see what the divider one would do to see if it fits my dividers i have but it only shows the entire item put on the design.
#7 Posted : 10/17/2016 10:56:17 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I had the template for OL2353 added to your Maestro Label Designer account. If you log in to your Maestro Label Designer account and search for that item, you will now see that item as an option.

I am confused in regards to your last question. I am not exactly sure what you are asking. What specifically is not printing correctly? What do you mean when you say dividers. Can you clarify your question?

I am happy to offer additional help or support. Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#8 Posted : 10/18/2016 11:00:44 AM(EST)
aprilwade

thanks. when i go to try out the template for closet dividers to see if they once printed will fit the dividers i have before i buy the label paper for them and what pops up is the whole design. none of the divider part is there. its just the 6 different squares of color. it looks like just a whole sheet of label versus having the cut out for the sticker that would be peeled off.
#9 Posted : 10/18/2016 11:06:47 AM(EST)
aprilwade

the tie one and the closet divider one are both doing the same when i click print preview. preview of what it shows after i design tie labels

i hope that link shows you what it shows me. that is the one you just added to my account. is there a reason it and the closet divider one just show it like that instead of showing only the sticker part with the design?
#10 Posted : 10/18/2016 11:09:28 AM(EST)
aprilwade

i'm guessing you have to make a purchase of the labels to be able to print that design correct? or at least i hope that is the case
#11 Posted : 10/18/2016 1:58:38 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I checked out the image at the link you provided. What you are seeing is the normal behavior when you generate / print a PDF file from Maestro Label Designer. It doesn't have anything to do with whether you have purchased the labels or not.

We don't put the die lines on the PDF file because we don't want the die lines to print when you print on to the actual label sheets. If we were to print the die lines on the PDF file it would cause the label sheets show any imperfection in alignment when you print from your printer. We automatically bleed all imagery outside the label area because it gives more room for movement in your printer when printing on to the actual label sheets. You can learn more about bleed at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/AlignmentGuide/Printer-Bleed.aspx

I hope this helps to clarify why Maestro Label Designer works the way that it does.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#12 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:00:48 PM(EST)
aprilwade

I know about the bleed line, this is not the case. it is not showing the outline of the sticker. like it should show me the 4 tie shapes in the preview not the entire thing i put on the paper in the design part
#13 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:03:58 PM(EST)
aprilwade

here is a preview of the 3.9" round stickers https://maestro.onlinelabels.com...48-aace-7fc55173997d.pdf

the divider and tie ones should show like the above where it shows only what will be printed off. when i designed the above link each circle is a square color, which is taken off when i see print view. print view will show you what will be printed.

the link i gave before doesn't do this. i have tried 3 total ones, all ones i haven't purchased before, and they all do not work.

the ones i have purchased work just fine
#14 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:15:53 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

This has to do with logic that Maestro Label Designer has built into it to deal with bleed. The circle PDF image you sent over is bleeding over the edge of the label too, but the software has some logic that stops the circles from bleeding into each other. The logic the software uses for bleed on special shapes operates in a similar way to circles, but it pretends like the special shape is a rectangle.

I am confused why this matters to you. When you have the actual sheets everything that is outside of the label gets thrown away once you peel the labels off the sheet so it shouldn't matter that Maestro Label Designer generates imagery outside the edge of the label.

Let me know why this matters to you and I may be able to offer another recommendation.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#15 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:17:25 PM(EST)
aprilwade

here is the dividers print preview https://maestro.onlinelabels.com...6a-a98f-85f7c690574d.pdf

the closet divider label is 6 to a sheet, they are circular like a dvd label. well you can see that my preview, what will print out, is not the actual part of the label they are all square.

my circle labels do not show the square but only what is in the part of the label that was designed.

if it prints off what is shown on the previews that are not working right it will use double the ink as it will print more then the bleed line like my other labels.
#16 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:26:06 PM(EST)
aprilwade

I don't mind the bleed line. what i mind is using double the ink as what the divider one previews is not like the other labels. it prints off the entire square and also inside the middle which is not part of the label. i just printed off a test and I used a ton of ink outside of bleed lines which costs me money (that is the most important factor)

also i can not have a photo of the design like i can in my 3.9" circle labels cause on the dividers it shows squares not the part that will be peeled off, and the bleed line is fine to show. it shows way more than this.

i am not sure how to make my clip art paper erased in the areas that are not needed to save more money on my ink.

#17 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:40:07 PM(EST)
aprilwade

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153...s?ref=unav_listing-other

the above link is the kind of preview i need for buyers, not what i am seeing on my print view. i need to show buyers what the design will look like. does this make sense?
#18 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:49:34 PM(EST)
aprilwade

i appreciate all your help so far. i need to have a preview of the item.

also the tie one you gave me access to it would be the same way of just showing squares to my buyers? that means they will not see what they look like right in a way to bring them to want that item.

hope all this makes sense. i just need to know how to make the preview right for buyers. i wouldn't want to see just a square if the design is in deed a tie shape.
#19 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:50:13 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

As I mentioned, Maestro Label Designer is designed to work the way that it is working. We have many customers who want to print in the area outside of the label so we don't want to automatically crop everything that is outside of the printable area. We have discussed the addition of ink saving feature that would allow users to decide if they want to crop everything outside of the printable area, but that is feature is not something that we have at this time.

In order to reduce ink usage, there are a few different work-arounds that you can consider. One option is to add some white shapes to your design that block areas that are in the non-printable section of your design. I went ahead and created an example in your account (you will find it in the closet dividers folder). I named the design template_ink_reduced_example. I just added a several white filled rectangles around the outside of the uploaded image and also added a white filled circle in the middle. You can check it out at the link below.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/LabelMaker/Temp/c49c428a-99e0-4236-b3af-33acf84d78b7.pdf

You can also consider using a program such as Photoshop or one of the online photo editing programs to change your uploaded image so it has white in the non-printing areas. That way you are uploading an image in Maestro Label Designer that more closely matches what you want to print as opposed to uploading a rectangular image.

Let me know if this helps resolve your concerns.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#20 Posted : 10/18/2016 2:54:48 PM(EST)
aprilwade

if you can do something like that for the tie one for me too that would be great. i need to have the best looking preview for buyers. if i can figure out best way for the tie ones i will be ordering asap. the dividers i can even have printed and put on the dividers and take photos for buyers but for the ties there is nothing i can do except try to crop out the tie outline for a bleed so buyers see the tie shape.
2 Pages12»