Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/21/2016 1:18:21 PM(EST)
Dan3000

Hello, I'm having issues printing labels on the OL2088 (1.5" circle). I'm printing it from a PDF because the print option in Maestro didn't work at all, they were waaaay off.

So anyway when printing with the PDF, the results I'm getting are very confusing to me. The printed labels in the top left corner of the template look great and are in perfect alignment (centered within the circle), but as you look down the page the printed labels drift off to the right and down, such that in the bottom right corner of the page the label is crossing over the circle line.

I have been having great success with smaller templates such as the OL6000 (1.2") so I know the PDF program and the printer are capable of printing consistently. However when I try to print using the OL2088, I experience this "drift".

The total drift is 1/8" of difference when comparing the printing on the top left circle to the printing on the bottom right circle. The top left circle is perfect but with each row of circles, as you go down the page, the printed label moves a little lower and a little to the right. So I'm able to use only the top 2 rows of circles and the rest of the page looks horribly unprofessional.

Please help.

Edited by user Monday, November 21, 2016 1:37:08 PM(EST)  | Reason: added more details

#2 Posted : 11/22/2016 11:24:33 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Dan -

I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you are experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Based on your description of the problem it sounds as if you may be dealing with a scaling issue. Scaling issues usually involve proper alignment near the top of the page but progressively worse alignment as you move down the sheet. The strange thing is that you're only experiencing the issue with one item, and not the other two that you purchased.

To test the OL2088 template I grabbed some OL2088LP and OL2088CX sheets from our warehouse and ran a series of test prints with designs that covered the majority of the 1.5" circular area. I was able to achieve properly aligned labels throughout the entire sheet by following the steps outlined below:

- When you are ready to print your labels click the "Print" icon and then select the "Save as PDF" option.
- Make sure to open the PDF file using Adobe Reader. Opening the file within a different PDF viewer may remove the option to adjust the scaling settings before printing.
- With the PDF file open, use the Ctrl+P keys to bring up the print dialog box.
- You'll see a section titled "Page Sizing & Handling". Please make sure that "Actual Size" is selected before proceeding with printing your labels.

Following these steps will ensure that you have disabled page scaling and should allow for a properly aligned print.

If you are still experiencing the printing shift that you described in your initial post, it's possible that the material is somehow shifting as it's fed through the printer. Adjusting the material type in your printer options to a heavier setting (glossy, transparencies, labels, etc) should slow down the material as it feeds through your printer and may improve the alignment as well.

I hope this information helps. If you should need any additional assistance, or a few extra sample sheets for testing, please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 12/4/2016 2:34:37 PM(EST)
Dan3000

Thanks Josh, I'll try these suggestions. I would love a few more sheets to test on as I've wasted so many sheets with this problem. I was using the OL2088LP.

Thanks,
Dan
#4 Posted : 12/5/2016 11:20:17 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Dan,

The samples will be shipped out this afternoon. If you should have any additional questions upon receiving them please just let me know.

Thank you for your business!
#5 Posted : 2/4/2018 1:12:41 AM(EST)
Beluxe

Canada

Hi folks, I have had the exact same problem with
OL5375GI and
OL8750GI

I have gotten an excellent response via email, stating that online would love to help, but I have gone through almost all of the labels I ordered, 10 sheets of each, and don't have many left to practice on. I see that another user was kindly provided additional sheets due to the alignment issues; I was wondering if the same courtesy could be extended to me, I would love to get these working, so I could use them with my products. Right now, I have resorted to using avery clear labels on gold circles I have had to punch out of full gold inkjet sheets, it's too expensive.

Thanks,
let me know.
#6 Posted : 2/6/2018 9:40:46 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Beluxe -

We're happy to send some additional sheets for you to test with. They'll be shipping free of charge this afternoon. You should receive a confirmation email shortly.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. Thank you for your business!
#7 Posted : 2/6/2018 9:48:20 AM(EST)
Beluxe

Canada

Josh,

Thank you so much,
This time, I will be sure to work with your marvelous team of professionals to get these round labels working for me !
Excellent customer service, I must say, and I have been delighted with the labels I have that I have gotten working for me.

Beluxe