Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/17/2016 9:14:30 AM(EST)
Anita

United States

Which image file types can we upload to Maestro? An artist friend has designed new logos and labels for me, and recommends that I'll get the best print quality with a .pdf file (as opposed to .png that I have been using), but it looks like .pdf isn't a valid image type for Maestro.
#2 Posted : 12/17/2016 10:43:19 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Maestro Label Designer currently supports *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, or *.png files. It doesn't currently support PDF file upload at this time.

As long as you upload the images to us in one of the files types above at the correct resolution/size then you shouldn't have any issues printing a good quality label from Maestro Label Designer.

You can see an article at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/image-quality.aspx

Designers and graphic artists typically use Adobe Illustrator or other design tools that create vector artwork (usually saved as PDF file). The advantage to vector artwork (from Adobe Illustrator or other tool that outputs vector artwork) is it allows the resolution to be correct at any sizes if another designer wants to open the file and make the logo or imagery larger/smaller without causing any resolution issues. Your designer should be able to easily convert the PDF file to one of our accepted file formats.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 12/17/2016 12:51:26 PM(EST)
Anita

United States

Thank you. I'll ask her to deliver the files in one of those formats. I had a hard time seeing which formats were acceptable, so it was a bit of trial and error when uploading files.
#4 Posted : 12/17/2016 6:39:11 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
There are also a lot of online tools that allow you to convert a PDF file to a *.jpeg. If you do a search in Google for "convert PDF to jpeg", you will find a bunch of options.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com