Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/2/2017 3:12:13 AM(EST)
kippryon

United States

[Question]
Use Label-Specification Dimensions (in Maestro-Page Setup Settings OR Maestro-Page Setup (Default) Settings
Printer: HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175
Print Settings: Page Sizing=Actual Size, all Rotate and Center options are un-checked.
Label Specification Dimensions: OL1575LP
https://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL1575LP.htm#LabelSpecs
Left (and Right) Margin: 0.50
Top (and Bottom) Margin: 0.75
Maestro-Page Setup (default): Circle – 154 Labels/Sheet (a.k.a.-OL1575)
Left Margin: 0.5125
Top Margin: 0.735
Bleed: (default 0.125 – currently set to 0.0)
Label-Specification Dimensions: OL5275LP
https://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL5275LP.htm#LabelSpecs
Left (and Right) Margin: 0.625
Top (and Bottom) Margin: 0.667
Maestro-Page Setup (default): Circle – 108 Labels/Sheet (a.k.a.-OL5275)
Left Margin: 0.625
Top Margin: 0.656
Bleed: (default 0.125 – currently set to 0.0)
Printer: HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175
Print Settings: Page Sizing=Actual Size, all Rotate and Center options are un-checked.
[Question]
Offset depending upon page orientation feed (should be the same, regardless?)
Offset noticed using Maestro Label Designer Alignment Wizard.
Offset amount: 0.0625 (Top/Bottom & Left/Right – depending orientation feed)
Thank You
#2 Posted : 3/2/2017 4:12:05 AM(EST)
kippryon

United States

Dave,

Please also refer to the latest post for subject: Where-to--Bleed---Maestro-or-Graphic-software-or-Both
https://forums.onlinelabels.com/postst1148_Where-to--Bleed---Maestro-or-Graphic-software-or-Both.aspx

It may be related to the post above concerning Margins Differences.
Thanks.

Sorry if there is any confusing regarding these topics.
#3 Posted : 3/2/2017 11:39:03 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for providing details. There can often be a very slight variation in the margins (top & bottom / left & right) on our sheets. This has to do with the tolerances of our equipment when producing the product. Our production equipment tolerance is typically 0 - 0.0625" (1/16 of an inch) and this can vary slightly through a production run.

If your label design requires very tight tolerances (small borders on outside of circles, etc.) then it can be very challenging for you to consistently print perfectly registered labels especially when you factor in the feed tolerances of your desktop printer. That is why it is critical that you create a design that allows for some movement. I think the key is to make sure that your design has enough bleed and is forgiving enough to allow for the variation in our sheet cut & your printer feed. If not, I think you are going to find that you will generate a lot of waste in the printing process. With practice, you can get a lot better (through measuring, margin adjustments, etc.), but the key is to make your design somewhat forgiving. In other words, if it prints off by 0.0625" it does not have to be thrown away. Adding bleed, removing borders and bringing text in from the edges can help a lot.

It sounds like your current design has a tight tolerance so it will be critical that you check the measurements on the sheets when you go to print and adjust the margins in Maestro Label Designer to account for those slight variances. You will want to make sure that you do a measurement of the margins, make adjustments in the page set up of Maestro Label Designer, and then load & feed the label sheets the same direction each time.

You may also want to consider purchasing pre-printed labels rather than printing them yourself if you have a design that requires tight registration. I hope this information helps. Our customer support team can be reached at 1-888-575-2235 if you need help making the proper margin adjustments to try to account for variations. I am happy to offer additional help & support.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#4 Posted : 3/2/2017 12:24:15 PM(EST)
kippryon

United States

Dave,

Your latest response (clarification) to the **Where-to--Bleed---Maestro-or-Graphic-software-or-Both topic** has cleared up my "tight tolerance".
https://forums.onlinelabels.com/postst1148_Where-to--Bleed---Maestro-or-Graphic-software-or-Both.aspx

Actually, the tolerance is/was not really an issue at all, now that we know how the 'Bleed' setting functions in Maestro ;)

To clear any confusion in this thread... I will simplify the main question(s) concerning Margins that I have:
*Why are the Margin settings in Maestro different than the Label Specifications (or visa-versa)?
*Should they be?

Hopefully, the answer is simple as well.

Thanks again for your response.!

Edited by user Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:25:51 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : 3/2/2017 11:21:02 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: kippryon Go to Quoted Post
Dave,

Your latest response (clarification) to the **Where-to--Bleed---Maestro-or-Graphic-software-or-Both topic** has cleared up my "tight tolerance".

Actually, the tolerance is/was not really an issue at all, now that we know how the 'Bleed' setting functions in Maestro ;)

To clear any confusion in this thread... I will simplify the main question(s) concerning Margins that I have:
*Why are the Margin settings in Maestro different than the Label Specifications (or visa-versa)?
*Should they be?

Hopefully, the answer is simple as well.

Thanks again for your response.!

The margin settings in Maestro Label Designer should match the actual label sheet specifications. As I mentioned in my previous post, there may be a small variation (less than 0.0625") due to imperfections in our production process.

I am happy to answer any additional questions that you have.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: kippryon
#6 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:13:40 AM(EST)
kippryon

United States

"The margin settings in Maestro Label Designer should match the actual label sheet specifications." (Give or take - less than 0.0625")

Excellent Dave!
Thank you very much for a simple answer to this simple question.
#7 Posted : 3/6/2017 11:24:15 AM(EST)
kippryon

United States

Quote:
The margin settings in Maestro Label Designer should match the actual label sheet specifications. As I mentioned in my previous post, there may be a small variation (less than 0.0625") due to imperfections in our production process.

I am happy to answer any additional questions that you have.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Dave,

Could you please explain why, in many instances, the Default Margin settings in Maestro Label Designer do not match the actual label sheet specifications.
Is Maestro Label Designer picking up some specs from the setup on my end (printer, browser, operating system, etc..)?
Or do the Default Margin settings in Maestro Label Designer get changed based upon a particular production run?

I understand your recommendation to use the actual label sheet specifications for the margins in my designs, but it does require (in most cases) to make that modification in the design.
Just curious.

Thank you sir.
#8 Posted : 3/6/2017 1:39:46 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I don't believe we are making any modifications based your printer, operating system or anything else. It definitely is not based on any specific production run on our end. I need to have look further into the issue. Before I start researching the problem/issue, can you provide the specific item and the margins it is showing in Maestro Label Designer so I have a starting point for looking into the issue?

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#9 Posted : 3/6/2017 2:18:10 PM(EST)
kippryon

United States

Originally Posted by: dcarmany Go to Quoted Post
I don't believe we are making any modifications based your printer, operating system or anything else. It definitely is not based on any specific production run on our end. I need to have look further into the issue. Before I start researching the problem/issue, can you provide the specific item and the margins it is showing in Maestro Label Designer so I have a starting point for looking into the issue?

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Yessir,

Reference Post #1
(Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 2:12:13 AM)

The Bold/Italic numbers are the ones in question.

If you need me to resend the info, please do let me know... and Thank you VERY much for you response and subsequent inquiry.

Edited by user Monday, March 6, 2017 2:20:13 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : 3/6/2017 6:11:58 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I confirmed with our technical team in regards to how the Page Setup settings. The default top & left margins in Maestro Label Designer should match the label specifications provided on the website (in fact we confirmed this to be the case on the items you listed - OL5275 & OL1575). The only reason they would be different would be if you used the Alignment Wizard built into Maestro Label Designer or you manually changed them using Page Setup. Once you change them, the settings are saved to that design.

The label specifications that you have listed from our website appear correct. It seems you have made adjustments using the Alignment Wizard or manually changed them in Maestro Label Designer since they are slightly different than the default settings.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#11 Posted : 3/14/2017 6:14:27 PM(EST)
sophiecakes

I am having major issues with the 0.75" round labels as well. I have bought a new laser printer because I was worried that my printer was shifting the paper too much and this printer which was expensive is still providing the same results. I am extremely frustrated and have never had this much trouble with these labels in the years i have been using them. I truly feel like there is an issue with the paper being sent or the program label itself. I will finally get the margins correct where the box looks perfect and then print the next sheet and it is completely off. And then i check the alignment wizard again and then it is off even though i haven't changed anything?!!! It is wasting a ton of the expensive paper I use and even more my time which is super frustrating. I have a business and printing the labels should be the easiest part of my business and now it is becoming the most dreaded and difficult part. I print stacks just to get one sheet that looks okay and it is still slightly off. Even if I "allow for error" and make the print smaller, it still looks off, which is not okay to me as a business owner that is printing labels for a product. I need help and customer service with this issue please or I will have to find another label provider because I have been trying to make them work for a while now and even bought a new printer. Help!
#12 Posted : 3/15/2017 10:24:46 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: sophiecakes Go to Quoted Post
I am having major issues with the 0.75" round labels as well. I have bought a new laser printer because I was worried that my printer was shifting the paper too much and this printer which was expensive is still providing the same results. I am extremely frustrated and have never had this much trouble with these labels in the years i have been using them. I truly feel like there is an issue with the paper being sent or the program label itself. I will finally get the margins correct where the box looks perfect and then print the next sheet and it is completely off. And then i check the alignment wizard again and then it is off even though i haven't changed anything?!!! It is wasting a ton of the expensive paper I use and even more my time which is super frustrating. I have a business and printing the labels should be the easiest part of my business and now it is becoming the most dreaded and difficult part. I print stacks just to get one sheet that looks okay and it is still slightly off. Even if I "allow for error" and make the print smaller, it still looks off, which is not okay to me as a business owner that is printing labels for a product. I need help and customer service with this issue please or I will have to find another label provider because I have been trying to make them work for a while now and even bought a new printer. Help!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with alignment. There are a variety of areas that we need to troubleshoot in order to get to the bottom of the alignment issue that you are experiencing. I want to do whatever we can to try help resolve the issue. At this point, I think it may be best to have you work on this issue with one of our support representatives over the phone. A phone representative should be able to isolate the cause of the issue much more quickly. Can you please reach out to our customer support team at 1-888-575-2235 or let us know a good time to reach out to you so I can have one of our representatives call you?

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com