Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/4/2017 3:44:47 PM(EST)
masonjarcandlesco

United States

I used to use a label company and the labels were very expensive. We ended up buying a lazer printer and printing our own.

I was wondering if I bought a font from a website, if I could import it into the Maestro Label Designer? Thank you!
#2 Posted : 4/5/2017 11:29:06 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
masonjarcandlesco -

Maestro Label Designer is currently compatible with most user installed fonts. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to tell which fonts are incompatible aside from installing the font and attempting to access it within the program.

In my experience, the fonts that usually aren't recognized by Maestro Label Designer are highly stylized or very intricate. If the font you're interested in using has relatively standard formatting it should be accessible within the software, but there's no way to guarantee that it will be available.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional assistance please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 4/5/2017 11:31:21 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Maestro Label Designer has a built-in set of fonts, but also uses the fonts installed on your computer. The fonts in the drop down in Maestro Label Designer depend on the fonts installed on the local computer in which you are running Maestro Label Designer. If you create your design using one computer and then open that design on a different computer in which you don't have the same font installed, then Maestro Label Designer only shows you a non-editable / image version of that text. You can edit the text, but it will be replaced with a substitute font.

It is critical that you have Adobe Flash Player installed and running on your computer in order for Maestro Label Designer to access the fonts installed locally on your system. You can run the Maestro Label Designer compatibility tool at the link below to confirm you have Adobe Flash Player installed.

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro-requirements-checklist.aspx

If you don't have Adobe Flash Player installed, Maestro Label Designer will only display the standard set of open source fonts that are built into Maestro Label Designer.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#4 Posted : 4/5/2017 8:24:03 PM(EST)
masonjarcandlesco

United States

Awesome! Thank you for the replies!
#5 Posted : 12/3/2019 9:40:27 PM(EST)
Lrwilson62

United States

ok, I just read this forum, and I am having problems. I have a new computer, window 10 with Microsoft edge. I log on to online labels and find all my font are missing, I find out that adobe flash player installed on Microsoft edge but only as you need it. Is there a way around this madness?
#6 Posted : 12/4/2019 7:53:42 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Lrwilson62 Go to Quoted Post
ok, I just read this forum, and I am having problems. I have a new computer, window 10 with Microsoft edge. I log on to online labels and find all my font are missing, I find out that adobe flash player installed on Microsoft edge but only as you need it. Is there a way around this madness?

In order to troubleshoot the issue, we will need to get some additional details. Can you provide the specific version of Microsoft Edge that you are using? You can look up the specific browser version you are using by clicking on the link below.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com

Have you tried any other browsers to see if the fonts are available? Opening Maestro Label Designer within Chrome or Firefox should help us determine whether there's an issue specifically related to the version of Microsoft Edge that you're using.

If you'll get back to us with additional details we'll be happy to assist you in troubleshooting the issue.
#7 Posted : 12/4/2019 10:59:38 PM(EST)
Lrwilson62

United States

Hi, my browser is Edge 44. I tried both Firefox and Chrome, no fonts. I even looked on my computer to make sure there were fonts. What next?
#8 Posted : 12/5/2019 1:51:40 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Lrwilson62 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, my browser is Edge 44. I tried both Firefox and Chrome, no fonts. I even looked on my computer to make sure there were fonts. What next?

I forwarded your details to the software developer. They said they'll need to take a closer look at Edge 44 to see if the process to access fonts has changed at all. In the meantime, they did provide us with a series of steps that should allow you to access your fonts using Chrome:

1) Open the Settings
2) Search for “flash” in the “Search settings” bar at the top
3) Click into Site Settings in the results
4) Click into Flash and make sure it’s set to “Ask first” (as opposed to “Block sites from running Flash”)
5) Return to Maestro Label Designer and navigate to the font drop down. Select “Looking for more fonts?” at the bottom.
6) A window should pop up with a button that says “Click to enable Adobe Flash Player”. Once clicking that button, the font drop down should be populated with the fonts on your machine.

Running through this series of steps should give you access to the fonts installed on your machine within Chrome. Once we receive word on enabling Adobe Flash within the newer versions of Edge I'll update this post with additional details.
#9 Posted : 12/5/2019 3:21:21 PM(EST)
Lrwilson62

United States

Got it! Thank you very much!
#10 Posted : 12/6/2019 11:12:48 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

The developer pushed an update live this morning that should make it easier to access fonts when using the Edge browser.

All browsers should now handle Maestro Label Designer in a similar manner, although the steps to enable Adobe Flash in each browser may still vary.

All browsers should now show a popup that has information about enabling Flash, including a link to Adobe's site for help. If Flash is enabled, the popup should show an option to activate Flash for Maestro Label Designer.

For Edge in particular, here are the steps:

1) Turn on Adobe Flash Player under Settings -> Advanced
2) Select "Looking for more fonts?" at the bottom of the font dropdown within Maestro Label Designer.
3) A window should open prompting you to enable Adobe Flash

After following these steps your fonts should be accessible when using Maestro Label Designer within the Edge browser now as well.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please just let us know.