Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/9/2017 2:40:43 AM(EST)
Javaguy

United States

I own a coffee company and have used thousands of the OL172WG for inkjet without any issues. The most recent shipment, however, has been disappointing.

We do full bleed prints frequently, and have never had any problems, but the new labels become "ink-logged" and wavy. There has also been a noticeable decrease in thickness, leading to the tearing of one label out of every 12-15, a 7-8% loss of materials. --Again, we have never had this problem. Not once!

The adhesive is also "lighter" making the use of these labels in cooler weather even less effective.

Qualifiers:
- Same users.
- Same high end HP professional printers, HP ink, in a climate controlled environment.

Lot# 1153863-71020240

Any thoughts?

Javaguy
#2 Posted : 11/9/2017 3:19:09 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced and I'll be happy to assist however I can.

We've been using the same material for our white gloss inkjet products since 2013. I spent some time investigating the issue this morning to make sure that we actually sent you the right product on your most recent order. I was able to locate retains from the same lot that we sent to you and compared them directly to material that was produced this week, as well as material that was produced one year earlier.

The materials from all three production runs look and feel identical to one another. I used a caliper to measure the total construction, the facesheet, and the liner to see if there were any differences that weren't apparent just by handling the label sheets. The measurements were the same across all three production runs:

Total Construction: 7.5 mil
Facesheet: 4.5 mil
Liner: 3 mil

I ran each of the production lots through a few of my inkjet printers and received the excellent results across each of them. I didn't experience the ink-logged, wavy look that you described in your post. I ran the sheets through an HP OfficeJet 6968 and a Canon PIXMA TS9120 using the photo gloss material settings.

With all that said, there could potentially be an isolated issue with the product you received that didn't affect the entire lot. In that event, the retains that I pulled today may not tell the whole story.

I noticed that you received two products on your most recent order. Has the OL162WG worked well for you? Or are you having issues with both products?

Would you be interested in trying samples of the OL172WG from a different production lot? If they work out for you, we can pick up the product that you're having issues with and send a replacement from a different lot.

Please just let me know. I'll be happy to continue investigating this issue in hopes of finding a solution for you.

#3 Posted : 11/9/2017 4:15:54 PM(EST)
Javaguy

United States

Thanks for the quick response, thorough testing and explanation.

The OL162WG that I also ordered most recently along with the OL172WG are fine. As I stated, out of the thousands of OL172WG, these from this shipment do not print, nor preform like the previous. We noticed this minutes after they were in use, being applied for an order, and they had an extra 48 hours dry time than usual, in a humidity controlled environment.

Yes- we would like to sample other 3.75" x 3" White Gloss, preferably from a different lot, and would gladly exchange.

Steve
#4 Posted : 11/10/2017 3:34:32 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Steve -

Based on your experience with previous orders of OL172WG and the fact that the OL162WG from the same order is working correctly, it seems as if there may be some kind of isolated issue affecting the product you received.

I'm shipping samples from a brand new production lot out this afternoon. As soon as you receive them please try printing a few sheets and let me know how they do for you. I've print tested them here and the results have been excellent - I think you'll find that they resolve the issues that you've experienced.

Once you've confirmed that you're happy with the quality of the samples we will be happy to replace the product for you. Please keep the bad product on hand as I'll more than likely provide you with a shipping label to send them back to us. I'd definitely like to inspect the product in an effort to understand what may have caused the issue.

If you have any questions upon receiving the samples please just let me know. I'll be happy to provide any assistance that I can.