Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/23/2017 9:38:31 PM(EST)
FamilyFirstSupply

United States

We've been having trouble for quite a while getting our labels- OL159WS- to stick to our 1.25 gallon plastic buckets. They go on well at first but then start to look wrinkly and need to be pressed back down and sometimes that doesn't work too well. We're getting ready to do some big time business for our company and need nice labels to stick well and not start took like crap on store shelves if they're there for a month or two and to still look good sitting on someone's shelf at home so they can show their friends.The buckets are new,clean and dry at room temperature when they are applied. We also ship all over the country so we want them to stay nice. Any advice would be helpful. Thank You for your time.

Edited by user Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:56:58 AM(EST)  | Reason: changing to normal font size

#2 Posted : 1/24/2017 4:57:03 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
FamilyFirstSupply -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

Are you using tapered buckets for your products? If the base of the bucket is smaller than the top, then the bucket is tapered downward and may require a specially shaped label to adhere properly to the surface. If the base and the top are the same size, then the bucket isn't tapered and rectangular shaped labels should work fine.

You mentioned that the buckets are clean, dry, and stored at room temperature when the labels are applied. How are the buckets stored/transported after they've been filled and labeled? If they're subjected to any contact with moisture, heavy handling, or extreme temperature changes, a label material with a more aggressive adhesive could drastically improve the strength of the adhesion. We have a couple of products available that would offer a stronger adhesive:

- Aggressive White Matte - This is paper-based product with a white matte finish. It utilizes an aggressive, all-temperature adhesive that is quite a bit stronger than the adhesive on a standard products. This material is printable with both laser and inkjet printers, and is ideal for dry applications.

- Weatherproof Polyester Laser - This material consists of a polyester facestock that is durable to moisture and heavy handling. It's not a high-gloss material, but does feature an attractive satin-sheen finish that gives something of a semi-gloss appearance. This material utilizes an aggressive adhesive that will hold well to curved surfaces, even in the presence of moisture.

I'd be happy to send samples of both of these materials out for you so that you can test the labels on your buckets. If you wind up preferring one of the new materials, our customer service department would be happy to assist you with returning your previously purchased products for a refund.

Please let me know if you're interested in receiving sample sheets, and if you have any other questions I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: FamilyFirstSupply
#3 Posted : 1/24/2017 8:03:41 PM(EST)
FamilyFirstSupply

United States

Originally Posted by: Josh Go to Quoted Post
FamilyFirstSupply -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

Are you using tapered buckets for your products? If the base of the bucket is smaller than the top, then the bucket is tapered downward and may require a specially shaped label to adhere properly to the surface. If the base and the top are the same size, then the bucket isn't tapered and rectangular shaped labels should work fine.

You mentioned that the buckets are clean, dry, and stored at room temperature when the labels are applied. How are the buckets stored/transported after they've been filled and labeled? If they're subjected to any contact with moisture, heavy handling, or extreme temperature changes, a label material with a more aggressive adhesive could drastically improve the strength of the adhesion. We have a couple of products available that would offer a stronger adhesive:

- Aggressive White Matte - This is paper-based product with a white matte finish. It utilizes an aggressive, all-temperature adhesive that is quite a bit stronger than the adhesive on a standard products. This material is printable with both laser and inkjet printers, and is ideal for dry applications.

- Weatherproof Polyester Laser - This material consists of a polyester facestock that is durable to moisture and heavy handling. It's not a high-gloss material, but does feature an attractive satin-sheen finish that gives something of a semi-gloss appearance. This material utilizes an aggressive adhesive that will hold well to curved surfaces, even in the presence of moisture.

I'd be happy to send samples of both of these materials out for you so that you can test the labels on your buckets. If you wind up preferring one of the new materials, our customer service department would be happy to assist you with returning your previously purchased products for a refund.

Please let me know if you're interested in receiving sample sheets, and if you have any other questions I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

I believe we tried the white matte already- the buckets are slightly smaller at the bottom so there is a small taper from top to bottom. Do you have the specially shaped labels that might be better? I would be open to trying any and all possibilities to make things have that more professional look. Thanks for the help and hopefully we can get this thing tackled and behind us. Have a good one.
-

#4 Posted : 1/25/2017 8:43:37 AM(EST)
FamilyFirstSupply

United States

Hey! I have a revolutionary idea! Can you just call me and make this a LOT faster? Thanks
-Joe
928-636-3225
#5 Posted : 1/25/2017 9:46:39 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'll be happy to forward your request to our customer service team. Someone will be giving you a call shortly!
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: FamilyFirstSupply
#6 Posted : 1/25/2017 10:01:02 AM(EST)
FamilyFirstSupply

United States

Great- Thank You!
#7 Posted : 11/16/2017 10:27:56 PM(EST)
mitchkramer45

United States

Hello, I am having the same problem due to my 1.25 gallon buckets being tampered. Were you able to come up with a solution? Thanks for any help! -Mitchell
#8 Posted : 11/17/2017 8:27:03 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Mitchell -

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have any standard products design specifically for tapered buckets. This is due to the fact that every different tapered bucket or container requires a unique label due to differences in size, shape, and the degree to which each container is tapered.

We could potentially create a custom product that is tailored to the exact dimensions of your bucket. A custom product would require a one-time setup fee and custom sheet pricing. If you're interested in receiving a quote, please contact our customer service department directly at 1-888-575-2235. You can also submit a support ticket by visiting the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

If you're interested in testing any of our standard sizes or materials we do offer free samples. You can enter a sample request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#9 Posted : 11/18/2017 11:03:09 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mitchkramer45 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am having the same problem due to my 1.25 gallon buckets being tampered. Were you able to come up with a solution? Thanks for any help! -Mitchell

Also - we have a tool on our website that shows you how to measure a container and design a die line for a tapered container.

I recommend that you check out our article below on labeling tapered containers.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Articles/tapered-labels-secrets.htm

You can find our tapered label generator tool at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/label-generator-tools/tapered-label-Generator.aspx

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com