Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/7/2016 10:31:20 AM(EST)
BruceSa

Canada

Hello,

I love your Maestro label making software. It is awesome value for the price when compared to Adobe for label making. I love the Adobe products and have been using them for may years. Their pricing, however, is prohibitive! A few features that would make using Maestro much better: user defined grid lines for centering and blocking, object grouping-my top priority, and I know this is a long shot, but layering would be extremely helpful. Text kerning manipulation capability would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Bruce
#2 Posted : 9/8/2016 8:49:25 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Bruce,
Thanks for the feedback. We have a new redesigned version of Maestro Label Designer in the works. At this point, we are expecting to launch the updated version of Maestro Label Designer sometime near the beginning of next year.

I know that grouping is one of the features that is on our list of items that we want to tackle and I think that may be coming in our next version. I will definitely pass all your feedback on to our marketing & design teams so these feature requests can be considered for future inclusion in the software.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/10/2018 1:11:22 PM(EST)
Zoe

Everything BruceSa mentioned is critical to more complex projects. Do you have any update for us on the inclusion of these features in the new Maestro version?
Thanks!
#4 Posted : 1/10/2018 5:19:02 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you so much for your feedback. The redesigned version of Maestro Label Designer launched last year, and development and additional features are still being actively worked on.

In speaking with the development team, I've learned that snap-to grid lines will be available in the near future. We are moving towards support for grouped objects as well, with new UI features that will list all objects within a design to allow for easier selection and grouping of individual design elements. We do plan to incorporate layers at some point in the future, but the timeline on that is a little further out. The grouping and object list will hopefully be a first step towards adding that feature.

If you have any additional feature requests please just let us know. I'll be happy to forward the information to our development team for consideration as future additions to Maestro Label Designer.
#5 Posted : 9/13/2018 4:09:26 PM(EST)
epearlman

United States

Bruce,

I'm happy to report that layering is now available in Maestro Label Designer. There are 3 ways you can layer objects:

1. Click "Arrange" in the white toolbar at the top of your canvas.
2. Rick click on your object and choose "Arrange" from the in-line menu.
3. Expand the "Object List" panel in the bottom right-hand corner of your canvas and manually adjust the layers.

You can find step-by-step instructions in our support article, Arranging Objects on Your Label. Please let us know if you have any questions about the feature and thanks for posting!

Erin Pearlman, PR Coordinator