Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 4/22/2018 11:15:21 AM(EST)
Sauga Vape Men

Canada

Hi,

I have a quick question im doing the alignment guide and its asking me this:

count the numer of lines between the labels cut's top edge and the dotted line. enter that value below...e.g, 1.5
Im not sure on how to do this, I am stuck, is there any way you could help me or look onto my design and go from there, this is really frustrating

Edited by user Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:22:37 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : 4/22/2018 1:13:44 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sauga Vape Men Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I have a quick question im doing the alignment guide and its asking me this:

count the numer of lines between the labels cut's top edge and the dotted line. enter that value below...e.g, 1.5
Im not sure on how to do this, I am stuck, is there any way you could help me or look onto my design and go from there, this is really frustrating

I had a chance to review your account. I took a look at the most recently modified / saved design in your account. The first thing that I noticed is that you are trying to run color all the way to the edge of the label, but you have purchased a label sheet configuration (OnlineLabels.com product configuration OL5350) where the labels goes all the way to the edge of the sheet. This means you are likely getting a white edge of non-printable area all the way around the sheet. This means the middle column of labels may be ok, but all the others probably are cut off.

Nearly all printers have an unprintable margin that is approximately 0.375" from the top of the page and 0.25" from the left / right margin. You can check the unprintable margin on your printer by printing the page at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/printermargins.htm

Assuming your printer doesn't print all the way to the edge, you will need to make changes to your design / artwork or go with a different label configuration in order to resolve the issue. My best recommendation would be to change your design so you have a white background on the label rather than a background image that goes all the way to the edge.

We are happy to work with you to make additional recommendations. Let us know.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#23 Posted : 1/14/2021 5:56:27 PM(EST)
SignatureScents21

Good evening,

I'm looking for some assistance.

My labels arent aligning up properly im using 99.1 x 67.7, the middle four seem to be okay but the two on the edges are either too high up or too low down.

I have tried to follow all advice, i have a bleed and my border is within the lines.. I have also viewed and printed on Adobe and tried the options 'Actual Size' and also 'Actual size 100%' I've got a Brother DCP-L3550CDW laser-jet printer.

I've wasted loads of sheets trying alternatives including using the realignment sheet but it need realigning to the left so it doesnt work for some reason.

Please could i get some help on this?

Thanks
Kerry
#24 Posted : 1/15/2021 10:41:28 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SignatureScents21 Go to Quoted Post
Good evening,

I'm looking for some assistance.

My labels arent aligning up properly im using 99.1 x 67.7, the middle four seem to be okay but the two on the edges are either too high up or too low down.

I have tried to follow all advice, i have a bleed and my border is within the lines.. I have also viewed and printed on Adobe and tried the options 'Actual Size' and also 'Actual size 100%' I've got a Brother DCP-L3550CDW laser-jet printer.

I've wasted loads of sheets trying alternatives including using the realignment sheet but it need realigning to the left so it doesnt work for some reason.

Please could i get some help on this?

Thanks
Kerry

I'm sorry to hear about the misalignment issues that you're experiencing. What you're describing sounds exactly like what we expect from misalignment issues caused by page scaling. Misalignment caused by page scaling almost always results in the centermost labels being aligned close to perfectly, but the labels at the top of the sheet printing too far down and the labels at the bottom of the sheet printing too far up. You mentioned disabling the page scaling by selecting "Actual Size" in the print settings, so it's not entirely clear what may be causing the issue to occur.

We'll need some additional details to take a closer look and hopefully find a solution. Are you printing using our design software, Maestro Label Designer? If not, what program and template are you using to design and print your labels?

You mentioned adjusting your settings within Adobe. Which Adobe program were you printing from?

Any additional information you can provide about the software and templates you used will potentially be useful. Any further details about the nature of the misalignment could help as well.
#25 Posted : 1/15/2021 10:53:12 AM(EST)
SignatureScents21

Hi thanks for your reply I used maestro, and I am using Adobe reader DC 20.023.20074

Edited by user Friday, January 15, 2021 12:17:27 PM(EST)  | Reason: Removed customer email address

#26 Posted : 1/15/2021 12:16:52 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for following up with those details. I ran some test prints to ensure that the template itself is printing at the correct dimensions from Maestro Label Designer and can confirm that it is. I was able to locate your Maestro Label Designer account and was able to test print your saved design as well, and it's also printing with the proper alignment. I double checked my Adobe Reader DC version and it matches yours as well. The exact settings that I used to achieve the results are listed below:

Paper Size: A4
Paper Type: Labels
Page Sizing & Handling: Actual Size

If you've tried making these adjustments and are still experiencing alignment issues, you may want to check out our printer alignment guide at the link below. There are additional tips and suggestions relating to proper printer alignment that may prove useful.

https://secure.uk.online...port/SupportRequest.aspx

If you need additional assistance after going through the information listed above please send a support ticket to the link below:

https://secure.uk.online...port/SupportRequest.aspx

Once of our representatives will be more than happy to take a closer look at the issue and provide assistance.
2 Pages«12