Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/31/2018 6:40:26 PM(EST)
Stelare

United States

First off, I have a Brother HL-L8360CDW Laser printer that I use to print all my labels. This is my first time using weatherproof polyester labels in my printer (up until now I was just using the standard matte).

I can't seem to get my designs to properly print without issues - toner seems to be transferring all over the place, the designs are consistently printing wonky and the cut edges of the labels appear white and fuzzy (as if the toner isn't adhering to the edges of the label?)

I've tried a number of printer settings - changing my paper from thin to thick to thicker to glossy to label. I've tried feeding the labels through the manual tray and the auto tray without much luck. I really don't want to have to give up and return them, as I've already wasted 2 sheets trying to figure it out. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I've tried tinkering with settings as per suggestions from posts from about 2 years ago with no luck.

Edited by user Friday, August 31, 2018 6:55:00 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 9/2/2018 5:43:13 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I am sorry to hear about the issues you experiencing. From the pictures you have provided, it looks like toner is not fusing near the edges of the labels on sheet and then that toner is getting on the transfer roller creating a ghost image on the following sheet. For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to reduce your design so the label design doesn't touch the edge of label? I would like to see if the ghosting issue is being caused by toner getting into the die cuts. Please try that and let me know if you are seeing fuzziness & ghosted images.

Let us know and we can continue to trouble shoot the issue. Our support team will be happy to provide some extra sheets to replace the sheets we use during the troubleshooting process.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 11/8/2021 8:30:34 PM(EST)
SilkyBath

United States

UPDATE: I read on a different post on this forum that setting the printer to Glossy paper and feeding from the main tray and not the MP Tray works. I did open the rear output tray, as the printer suggested for labels. On a side note, you guys should look into making weatherproof polyester sheets easier to grab; not enough friction. Also, I lost 6 sheets in this endeavor.

Has anyone solved this issue? I also have a HL-L8360CDW printer and it doesn't even grab onto the label sheet (OL75LP). I can manage to push it into the printer feed tray as it tries to pick it up but then it doesn't print straight and the text is awful except for the very last line at the bottom.

Edited by user Monday, November 8, 2021 9:54:24 PM(EST)  | Reason: Found workaround

#4 Posted : 11/10/2021 11:55:35 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SilkyBath Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE: I read on a different post on this forum that setting the printer to Glossy paper and feeding from the main tray and not the MP Tray works. I did open the rear output tray, as the printer suggested for labels. On a side note, you guys should look into making weatherproof polyester sheets easier to grab; not enough friction. Also, I lost 6 sheets in this endeavor.

Has anyone solved this issue? I also have a HL-L8360CDW printer and it doesn't even grab onto the label sheet (OL75LP). I can manage to push it into the printer feed tray as it tries to pick it up but then it doesn't print straight and the text is awful except for the very last line at the bottom.

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround for the issue. I haven't had an opportunity to use the HL-L8360CDW model specifically, but I have found with my two Brother color laser printers that I tend to see the best results when using the glossy paper setting from the main drawer tray.

Regarding the sheets being difficult for the printer to grab, this can be an issue with glossy and/or film-based label materials with certain printer models. Usually, selecting an appropriate paper type setting will help alleviate this issues. I'm sorry to hear about the sheets that you lost while working towards a solution. I'll be happy to have an additional 10 replacement sheets sent out to you right away.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: SilkyBath