Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
3 Pages123»
#1 Posted : 12/10/2014 5:15:46 PM(EST)
Sherrye

United States

I downloaded the template for this product. Each label has a border around it which I do not want on my label but I can't find a way to remove it. Do you have a template for this product that does not have a border around each label? Thanks
#2 Posted : 12/11/2014 4:18:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sherrye - Which of our templates did you download?

The template lines / borders on the Word templates are non-printing. They will show on screen, but won't print. Our proprietary software, Maestro Label Designer, also does not print the template lines / borders even though they are displayed.

If you are using our PDF or EPS templates in Adobe Illustrator, you will need to set the borders to non-printing. You can do this by making that layer a non-printing layer.

Let me know more details and I will be happy to help further on the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 4/16/2016 2:57:21 PM(EST)
dag1mb

United States

I am also having issues with the borders. I am using the Word doc version for OL114 and the borders DO print. How do I remove them?
#4 Posted : 4/18/2016 9:08:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: dag1mb Go to Quoted Post
I am also having issues with the borders. I am using the Word doc version for OL114 and the borders DO print. How do I remove them?

Can you provide some additional details? What version of Word and what operating system are you using? I just did a test print using the OL114 Word template (both our standard template and our landscape template) on our site using Word 2016 and the border lines do not print. They show up on the Print Preview, but they do not actually print.

Let me know so I can further research the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 7/22/2016 11:26:58 PM(EST)
idwgcreative

United States

i just placed an order and will test it out when it arrives. It shouldn't print with borders unless you have changed the border color to black.
#6 Posted : 3/20/2017 9:10:42 PM(EST)
fizzlebath

United States

I would like an outline of the label to print. Is there a way of doing that?
#7 Posted : 3/21/2017 8:47:13 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: fizzlebath Go to Quoted Post
I would like an outline of the label to print. Is there a way of doing that?

Can you provide more details? Which item did you purchase? What software are you using?

Let me know why you would like to print an outline of the label and I should be able to let you know the best way to accomplish the task.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#8 Posted : 9/13/2017 6:35:49 AM(EST)
jbowie1@gmail.com

I have downloaded the round ol350 word template. The outline is printing. I am using a MacBook Pro with Microsoft Word 2011. Please let me know how I can correct this issue. Thanks
#9 Posted : 9/13/2017 11:53:01 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the issue and will be happy to assist in any way that I can. The outlines included on the Microsoft Word templates are supposed to be non-printing on all versions of the software, but I don't have access to Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac so I'm unable to test and verify that myself. I've attached a new Word template to this post with the outlines removed. Microsoft Word is not capable of round grid lines, so the template will consist of 2.5" square grid lines. This template should work fine for simple, text-based designs.

If you need to print images or graphics on your labels you may want to consider using a different label design software. Our Maestro Label Designer is provided free with every order, and will make printing labels with logos, images, and other graphics quick and easy. You can view more information about the program at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...abel-design-software.htm

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional assistance please just let us know.
File Attachment(s):
OL350.doc (28kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#10 Posted : 9/13/2017 8:53:36 PM(EST)
jbowie1@gmail.com

Unfortunately the ol350-2 does not work either. I cannot see where the label actually is on the sheet. The page is just blank. I also have my logo on my Avery labels and want to continue using my logo since these labels are going on the products that I make and sell.

This is my first time buying from Online Labels and have never had this issue with my Avery labels of a similar style. I see the outline on the Avery label but it does not print. I do not want to build my labels on a site that I have to access every time I want to change something. I want them locally on my computer. I do not understand why the Avery template outline is able to show but not print works correctly on the same computer that I am trying to use the Online Label template.
#11 Posted : 9/13/2017 9:20:46 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: jbowie1@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately the ol350-2 does not work either. I cannot see where the label actually is on the sheet. The page is just blank. I also have my logo on my Avery labels and want to continue using my logo since these labels are going on the products that I make and sell.

This is my first time buying from Online Labels and have never had this issue with my Avery labels of a similar style. I see the outline on the Avery label but it does not print. I do not want to build my labels on a site that I have to access every time I want to change something. I want them locally on my computer. I do not understand why the Avery template outline is able to show but not print works correctly on the same computer that I am trying to use the Online Label template.

I'm sorry for the issue. I will need to have our team research to see why it is not working correctly on Mac. The good news is that our OL350 configurations lays out the same as the Avery 5294. If you are having problems with the attached file, you can use the built-in templates in Microsoft Word. Just select the Avery 5294 template built into Microsoft Word and it should work fine.

I am happy to provide additional instructions for using the built-in label templates in Word if you are having issues. Let us know.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#12 Posted : 9/14/2017 8:22:15 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: jbowie1@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post

If the template appears as a blank document it's likely that the gridlines are being hidden within Microsoft Word. The link below provides instructions on how to make the gridlines visible again.

https://support.office.c...0-49b1-82a0-682cd7fc9dad

As Dave mentioned in his response, any template for Avery 5294 should work as well. I hope this information helps. If there's anything else we can do please just let us know.
#13 Posted : 9/19/2017 6:59:51 PM(EST)
jbowie1@gmail.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded the Avery template and everything works perfectly.
#14 Posted : 2/21/2018 1:40:43 PM(EST)
ns

I can't get rid of the lines either. I use Windows 10 Microsoft word. And it looks really bad to have the lines on them. They are labels for my products. I'll have to stop buying from you guys if someone doesn't help remedy this. Please advice.
#15 Posted : 2/21/2018 4:14:40 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

ns -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. The outlines should definitely be invisible when printing, but it's possible that certain versions of Microsoft Word may still display the outlines on printed sheets. Which version of Microsoft Word are you using to print your labels?

It is possible to manually delete the label outlines before printing your labels. Once you've finished designing your labels click to the left of the word document, just outside of the page. You should see every label outline highlighted at the same time. One they're highlighted, simply press the delete key on your keyboard. All of your text and artwork should still be present but the outlines will be deleted, allowing you to print your document without the visible outlines. Before attempting this method, please make sure to save your fully designed template just in case you accidentally delete any of your design elements.

Alternatively, I can create a new template for you without the outlines. If you'd like the new template please just let me know which item number you're using and I'll be happy to put it together for you.

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information at this time.
#16 Posted : 3/17/2018 1:27:49 PM(EST)
KRoach

I believe the problem is with your template download options. When asked which version of Microsoft Word do you have installed, the only option available of "Word '03".
When I save the download to my version of Word (2010) it does not properly convert.

In other words, your OLD version is not compatible with the newer versions that have been around for years.

I suggest updating your templates to a newer version of word.
#17 Posted : 3/17/2018 7:00:28 PM(EST)
JackDavid

I am having these very same issues. The borders do print and actually ruin the labels. Can you provide a borderless label for me also. The previous post is correct the only download version is 2003, which isn't compatible with the 2015 word for mac. It works but shows the borders. I used to use these labels with no issues. no borders

Thanks for the help!
#18 Posted : 3/19/2018 9:06:17 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: KRoach Go to Quoted Post
I believe the problem is with your template download options. When asked which version of Microsoft Word do you have installed, the only option available of "Word '03".
When I save the download to my version of Word (2010) it does not properly convert.

In other words, your OLD version is not compatible with the newer versions that have been around for years.

I suggest updating your templates to a newer version of word.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. Are you using Microsoft Word 2010 for Windows or Mac? Which item numbers are you attempting to download a template for?

I'll be happy to pass your feedback along to our development team, but I may be able to help you with compatible templates in the meantime.
#19 Posted : 3/19/2018 9:11:38 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: JackDavid Go to Quoted Post
I am having these very same issues. The borders do print and actually ruin the labels. Can you provide a borderless label for me also. The previous post is correct the only download version is 2003, which isn't compatible with the 2015 word for mac. It works but shows the borders. I used to use these labels with no issues. no borders

Thanks for the help!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue and will be happy to assist however I can. Which item numbers are you attempting to download a template for?
#20 Posted : 9/19/2018 2:55:26 PM(EST)
Leah

United States

I am having the same issue with OL143WS. I have tried several different ways of removing borders, all of which show "no border" - and yet the borders print. What was the solution? Is there an Avery equivalent template?
3 Pages123»