Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/10/2019 2:29:20 PM(EST)
dndlyon

United States

Hello,

I'm having some printing issues with alignment of the OL2682 labels. On plain paper, the label prints well. When I switch to the label paper (without changing any printer or paper settings), the alignment for the labels are starting well above the top of the actual page. The bottom of the design ends up in the middle of the label.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
#2 Posted : 1/11/2019 10:36:09 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dndlyon Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I'm having some printing issues with alignment of the OL2682 labels. On plain paper, the label prints well. When I switch to the label paper (without changing any printer or paper settings), the alignment for the labels are starting well above the top of the actual page. The bottom of the design ends up in the middle of the label.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue and I'll be happy to assist however I can. Sometimes printer models handle label paper differently when compared to plain copy paper. The label sheets are considerably thicker than plain copy paper which can result in certain printer models picking up and feeding label sheets differently. Occasionally this difference in feeding can result in alignment issues, which can be especially noticeable when printing smaller circular labels. Adjusting the material type setting to a heavier option like photo, glossy, or labels will typically result in a slower feed and can definitely improve these types of alignment problems. If you'll respond with the printer model that you're using I'll be happy to locate the manual and provide suggestions regarding the best material type settings to try.

Something else you may want to consider trying is cleaning the pick-up rollers. They may be having trouble picking up the thicker label material, which could potentially cause the material to slip and print misaligned. The manual for your printer model should provide steps on cleaning the rollers.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 11:03:54 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified