Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/8/2019 8:06:20 PM(EST)
songbird

Canada

Hello,

I'm would love some advice for using the OL475 Weatherproof Glossy (Inkjet) labels. I am printing labels with a full black background and would love some printing tips to get them as close to black as I can. I'm using an Epson ET-4750.

TIA!
Jaime
#2 Posted : 2/11/2019 9:58:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
There are a few settings adjustments you can make to ensure that your Epson inkjet printer model will come as close to a true black background color as possible. Suggested settings adjustments are listed below:

- Make sure the paper type setting is set to "Premium Photo Paper Glossy"
- Print a sheet using the "Standard" print quality setting. If the black color prints too lightly, try adjusting the quality setting to "High".
- If you've already tried making both of these adjustments, click on the "Advanced" button within the print dialog box. Then select "Preserve Black" and try printing again.
- If you've tried everything else, click back into the "Advanced" menu in the print dialog box and select "Print As Image" and try printing your design again.

These steps will ensure that you're achieving the best black background print possible with your printer model. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 2/11/2019 2:57:39 PM(EST)
songbird

Canada

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the tips! They have improved the color but they still aren't coming out as close to black as I'd like. Do the matte weatherproof labels work better for black backgrounds? Is it just the glossy finish that affects the color?
#4 Posted : 2/11/2019 3:28:18 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I think the results would likely be relatively similar but it would definitely be worth testing to see if you prefer the way the black background looks on the matte finish labels. You can request free samples of the weatherproof matte inkjet label material by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx