Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/3/2019 5:25:07 PM(EST)
kbuchholz1107@hotmail.com

I just purchased a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo to help make life here a bit easier in shipping products. I ordered the OnlineLabels equivalent of the Dymo 99019 labels for use with PayPal and USPS. I have printed about 8 or 9 labels so far, all for USPS, and all but 2 were unscannable by the post office. Seems the bars are printing too fat or too close to one another. Some of the wider bars have almost no space between them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Dymo, of course, claims that it is the use of non-Dymo labels that is the problem - that is, the coatings used are resulting in the problem. I purchased 12 rolls from OnlineLabels.com because of my prior experience with them on several different types of labels we purchased in the last 2 years, and never had any problems whatsoever. Of course, none of them were for the Dymo label printer.

If you have come across this problem with your Dymo labelwriter printer and have a resolution, please share it here - I would be most appreciative (as I am sure others will be!).

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 5:25:49 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 6/4/2019 8:56:52 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. Our label materials have been tested extensively to ensure that bar codes are able to be scanned properly after being printed by DYMO printers, as well as printer models from a wide range of other printer manufacturers. There are a few factors that can affect how well bar codes are able to be scanned.

Most importantly, the size of the bar code is important. If a bar code is too small when printed, the bars can be distorted in a way that makes them difficult to read by certain scanners. Which software are you using to generate the bar codes and print your labels? Does the software allow you to manually adjust the size of the bar codes? If so, slightly increasing the size of the bar codes may resolve the issue for you.

If you're unable to alter the size of the bar codes on your labels, there are some settings within the printer driver of the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo that could potentially improve the print quality. This may allow the bar codes to print at a higher resolution and with better detail, which could also resolve the issues you're running into.

To access the printer driver settings, first navigate to the control panel and then the Devices and Printers icon. Once you've clicked on Devices and Printers, look for the icon for the LabelWriter 450 Turbo. Right click on the icon and then select Printing Preferences.

From the printing preferences screen you can select the Paper/Quality tab and attempt to print a few labels using the other available quality settings to see if the bar codes look more crisp and defined. If you're not convinced that changing the quality setting has resolved the issue, the next step would be to click on the "Advanced" button.

There are a few settings that could potentially improve your printed results within the Advanced Options screen:

- Under the Graphic tab, Print Quality should be set to 300 x 600 dots per inch
- Under the Printer Features tab, Print Quality should be set to Barcodes and Graphics
- The Print Density setting under Printer Features can have a direct impact on the print quality as well. If the bars still look too wide, reducing the density to Medium or Light may help improve the print quality.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please just let us know.