Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/17/2019 10:46:35 AM(EST)
Morchella

United States

Having difficulty here trying to print high quality images in silver foil paper using my canon ts-3122. When I try to print “fine” as well as using glossy under the settings I keep getting an error.
Well after speaking with canon apparently none of there products allow fine quality printing on foil type paper.

Any suggestions on the best inkjet printer for my project?
#2 Posted : 6/17/2019 2:25:54 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. Our gold and silver foil materials for inkjet have been tested across a variety of different printers from popular manufacturers including HP, Canon, Epson, and Brother.

Of all the printer models I've used for testing recently, the Canon PIXMA TS-9120 is probably my favorite. I've been very pleased with the printing results when "Glossy Photo Paper" paper type setting coupled with the "Normal" output quality setting.

Using the correct printer settings is very important with this type of material. I've found that regardless of printer, choosing a photo or glossy material type setting usually provides the best results. Selecting the highest quality setting can often be counterproductive with the inkjet foils, however. The foil materials utilize a special inkjet receptive topcoat to absorb the ink and allow it to dry properly. The material itself isn't porous like paper materials, and does not lend itself to absorbing ink naturally without the topcoat. Choosing the highest quality setting will often instruct the printer to output additional ink, which can over-saturate the topcoat on this material. This can actually lead to reduced print quality. In my experience using the inkjet foil materials selecting the standard or normal quality setting is almost always the correct choice, no matter which printer model you're using.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 6/17/2019 2:35:30 PM(EST)
Morchella

United States

Thanks for the feedback Josh,

Sounds like I’m just not savvy enough with my canon printer. I’ll try using just the glossy type setting on standard and see if that works.
If anything I suppose I can go purchase a better printer!

Thanks again!!