Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/10/2019 7:38:30 PM(EST)
LaserPrinter

United States

Hello, We have a large Xerox DocuColor printer that is color, but it's not good for labels. If they jam, it causes a terrible clean-the-whole-printer event, so we use smaller black and white laser printers for a special label projects. We are getting ready to get a new printer and thought best if we reached out to you, because we use labels from your company, mostly the 3.75" x 2.438" OL575SP Weatherproof Silver Polyester (Laser Only) labels. Which black and white label printer do you recommend for these labels? Thank you
#2 Posted : 7/11/2019 11:52:25 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. Any of the monochrome printers from the major printer manufacturers should work well with this label material, but based on my personal experience I'd probably lean towards the HP LaserJet series or the Canon imageCLASS series of printers. Both include monochrome printer options that are well reviewed and feature simple feed paths that should handle film-based label materials very well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 7/11/2019 3:45:20 PM(EST)
LaserPrinter

United States

We already have the HP LaserJet P2035 printer (replacing this one). These label sheets get jammed ALL THE TIME. Which is really unfortunate cause we print a lot of them, and our clients need them. Any tips?
#4 Posted : 7/12/2019 12:43:48 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I don't have experience using the HP LaserJet P2035 printer model specifically, but I was able to locate the user guide online. Adjusting the paper type setting is the best way to resolve potential feed errors and jamming issues. Looking at the list of available paper type settings for this printer model your best options are likely to be Labels, Transparency, Heavy, or Extra Heavy. These heavier, specialized material type settings will typically slow the feed down to some degree and result in better performance as the label material moves through the printer.

With that being said, this printer model appears to be about 10 years old. The suggestions provided above may not totally resolve the issues that you're experiencing just based on the age and mileage of the printer. If you are interested in replacing this printer model with a newer one I expect that the performance will be better overall.

If you're located close to a brick and mortar retailer like OfficeMax or Staples you may be able to test print some label sheets in one of their floor models. This typically will vary from location to location, but I do know we've had customers successfully complete test prints like this in the past.

I hope this helps. If you need any further information please just let me know.