Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/3/2019 12:02:05 PM(EST)
Meredith

United States

I have used the clear and matte laser labels for years with no problems. I just opened a package of the weatherproof laser labels that I ordered 3 years ago and can not get the labels to peel off cleanly (it takes the backing with it when I try to peel). I see from the FAQ that the shelf life of the labels is 1-3 years, so are my labels too old and that's why they won't peel cleanly or is there a trick to getting the backing off?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 9/3/2019 1:03:46 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've run into. The age of the product is almost certainly the culprit here. After that amount of time the adhesive can begin bonding itself to the release liner to the point that separating the labels from the liner becomes difficult to do. The shelf life is typically stated as one to three years because exposure to certain environments, such as fluctuations in temperature or humidity, may speed up that process.

If you contact our customer service department directly they'll be happy to assist you in placing a new order. You can reach them directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Meredith
#3 Posted : 9/3/2019 3:07:19 PM(EST)
Meredith

United States

Thanks for the quick reply! Placing my new order now.
#4 Posted : 9/5/2019 10:06:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm happy I was able to help! If you need anything else please just let us know.