Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/30/2019 5:59:21 PM(EST)
dm1965

United States

I have been using your products for many years. But lately I have been having problems and received no help when I called in. I have been having problems with the last three 1.5 inch round labels I received. This has happened before in the past but when I received new labels they worked. The first row prints too high and as it goes down they get lower and lower. They are fine side to side. As far as your customer service and I can see my printer settings are correct. So they tell me it is my printer. I have been using this printer for a while and never had a problem before receiving these labels. Also all the other size labels I have purchased from you are printing fine. For example .75 round, 2 inch round, 3 inch round and some other rectangular labels. I would really like to figure this out so that I can continue using your labels and site. This size label is a big seller for me, if I can't use your labels I will need to go somewhere else. And like I said i have been with you guys a long time and would rather not find another company. One thing I noticed is that the margin at the top and bottom are different, does that make a difference? It is 3/4 inch top and not quite 3/4 on the bottom. Please help me figure this out. Thanks
#2 Posted : 10/1/2019 8:54:29 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
dm1965 -

I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you're experiencing. I see that you've been working with one of our customer support representatives in a support ticket. The information Adam has provided to you so far is accurate, and definitely among the first things we look for when dealing with alignment issues.

Your page sizing setting within Adobe Reader should be set to actual size. If the fit or shrink options are selection alignment will almost certainly be impacted adversely.

Printing on smaller circles can be tricky. A small amount of drift is possible as label sheets feed through any desktop printer model. This drift has a tendency to be much more noticeable on smaller circles compared to larger round labels and rectangular labels. Selecting a heavier material type setting should slow the printer feed down and allow for less drift and more accurate placement on the page. We typically recommend a photo or glossy material type setting, but if your printer model offers heavier options like cardstock, thick paper, or heavy paper those may be worth trying as well.

In addition to making sure that your printer settings are set correctly, you should make sure that your designs are optimized as well. For instance, printing too close to the edge of a small circular label can result in alignment issues being more pronounced and noticeable. If you have any room to bring your designs in away from the edge of the labels that may help with the alignment issues as well.

You can read more about the best printer settings and design optimization techniques to account for printer alignment issues in our alignment guide at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

I've read through your support ticket with Adam and it seems as if he's covered most of this ground already. Based on the fact that you're not experiencing the alignment issues with any of the other products you've ordered, and that you have experienced the issue with the 1.5" circles using two different printers, I've talked with Adam and he's going to continue investigating any potential production issue that may be causing the alignment problems for you. You should be receiving another response from him shortly.

I apologize again for the issues you've encountered. We'll be happy to continue working with you towards a solution.
#3 Posted : 10/1/2019 4:57:14 PM(EST)
tuctam

United States

This is also happening to me with a new batch of 2 inch round stickers. Have never had a problem in the past with alignment adjustments but this batch when I do a adjustment it either corrects on the top labels but not bottom or vice versa. Very frustrating as I used so many sheets of labels trying to correct this and it is NOT cost effective.
#4 Posted : 10/3/2019 6:29:58 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

We’re currently investigating both of these products to check for any discrepancies between the physical tooling, finished products, and the various templates available that could potentially account for the misalignment that you’ve both encountered.

I’ll respond with additional information later this afternoon, as soon as I know more.
#5 Posted : 10/10/2019 11:25:50 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

dm1965 -

While investigating your issue we did determine that your most recent three orders were produced with a very slight discrepancy in the vertical placement of the labels. Through print testing we discovered that this created a built-in scaling effect that could potentially cause misalignment for any user that's designing labels with a border or with design elements that extend outward to the edge of the label. The issue was isolated to a small number of OL2088 production jobs, most of which went undetected by the customers that received them.

We really appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention. We'll make sure that this item is produced correctly moving forward. Our customer service team has informed me that your replacement orders have already been shipped out. If you have any questions upon receiving them please just let us know.

tuctam -

We've extensively investigated your issue as well. We were unable to locate any discrepancies in the dimensions or the placement of the labels on the produced label sheets against all of our published template types. The good news is that this means your alignment issues can likely be resolved pretty easily by troubleshooting with our customer service team. You can reach them directly by phone at 1-888-575-2235. If you'd prefer to correspond with them by email, you can submit a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Whichever way you choose to reach out, our customer service team will be more than happy to assist you with your alignment issues until the problem is resolved.