Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/15/2020 2:01:40 PM(EST)
nasha50

United Kingdom

Hi,

I just received 12 rolls of RL2886DT compatible with Dymo 30336 labels.

When I print using Dymo Label or Dymo Connect software, the printer does not feed the label to the end and starts flashing the blue light indicating paper out status. I have to keep pressing the feed button and wasting a lot of labels.

If I use original Dymo labels (with black stripes on back), it works fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

How to make it print ok with your labels?

Thanks.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:03:05 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 4/15/2020 3:05:46 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the issue and for any confusion.

DYMO printers that are sold within the United States do not require the black bar on the reverse side of the label material. The sensor used to detect the labels in these printer models only looks for the notches that are cut between each individual label.

DYMO printers sold internationally outside of the United States do require the black bar for the labels to be recognized by the printer. If the label stock does not include the black marking on the backing then the printer will not sense the label material and will typically feed multiple labels at one time.

Based on your description of the problem I'm assuming you're attempting to use the labels in a printer that was purchased somewhere outside the United States region. We don't currently provide any Dymo compatible label materials with the black marking on the backing, as we are located within and primarily shipping to users within the United States.

I apologize again for the confusion. If you're unable to use the product you can reach our customer service team by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

They'll be more than happy to assist you in setting up a return for any unused products.
#3 Posted : 4/15/2020 3:15:24 PM(EST)
nasha50

United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply! I sincerely wish that OL would have explained this incompatibility issues in your Amazon shop and in your website.

I bought this from Amazon; How can I return them?
#4 Posted : 4/15/2020 3:27:30 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

I will speak to our content team about potentially including a disclaimer for the DYMO compatible items in the future. As we primarily operate out of the United States this is not an issue we frequently encounter. It took quite a bit of searching to determine just how differently the international versions of these printers operate compared to the ones that are sold domestically within the United States.

A product return can be initiated by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

If you need assistance, you can submit a support ticket via the link I posted in my original response and one of our team members will be happy to help you.
#5 Posted : 4/15/2020 4:04:36 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

After locating your order details it appears that you placed this order through Amazon. You'll need to initiate the return through your Amazon account in that case.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional assistance please just let us know.