Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/18/2020 12:20:50 PM(EST)
Saintpaulia

United States

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm trying to print on OL1030 but the labels come out way too high, but the alignment page comes out correct. I've tried changing my print settings and I cannot figure out the issue.
#2 Posted : 5/19/2020 10:03:33 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues you're experiencing. I spent some time this morning print testing our Maestro Label Designer template for OL1030 to ensure that the template is configured accurately. I was able to confirm that the template is working as intended and printing with proper alignment using the printer models I have on hand. With that being said, there are some additional steps you can take to improve the alignment within your printer model.

Print misalignment often occurs due the sheets drifting as they're being pulled into the printer. Label material tends to be significantly thicker compared to regular copy paper which can sometimes contribute to that printer drift. The very first thing you should try is adjusting the material type setting within your printer options. Choosing a heavier paper type setting like photo, glossy, labels, thick paper, or cardstock will typically slow down the feed of the sheets through the printer and can have a positive effect on the alignment of the print.

If you've already adjusted the material type setting and are still experiencing the misalignment then you may need to adjust the top margin within Maestro Label Designer to account for the drift. This can be accomplished by clicking on the "Print" tab, and then selecting "Page Setup" from the drop down menu. Increasing the top margin value will shift the final printed design down the page uniformly. For example, if your labels are printing 0.125" too high, adding 0.125" to the top margin value should shift the design down and into better alignment when your sheets are printed.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information or assistance please just let us know. If you'd like one of our customer service team members to walk you through troubleshooting your alignment please feel free to contact us directly at 1-888-575-2235. You can also submit a support ticket by clicking on the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx