Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/18/2020 5:03:48 PM(EST)
ricardocanales5

United States

Hi. I am starting a jewelry business, and I want to buy jewelry labels. Specifically these: https://www.onlinelabels...ducts/ol6925?src=dlc-297

Before I buy them, What are the best printers to print jewelry labels like these?

Also, I'm interested in buying roll label printers. Do those type of printers work on those jewelry labels I want to buy? If they do, what roll label printers do you recommend to print them?

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2020 5:32:18 PM(EST)  | Reason: More specified information

#2 Posted : 8/19/2020 10:55:36 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. The jewelry labels you referred to in your post are available on 8.5" x 11" sheets for use in desktop inkjet or laser printers. These label sheets are designed for broad usage in any printer that accepts standard letter sized sheets. The most important thing is to ensure you're buying a label material that is compatible with the type of printer you're using. Some materials are compatible with both inkjet and laser printer models, but if you're purchasing an item that is only listed as inkjet compatible or laser compatible you'll just want to make sure that it is compatible with your specific printer model.

My preference for this type of application would be a laser printer. Laser printers tend to offer better print durability when compared to inkjet printers, so your printed labels should hold up extremely well over time. I've had a ton of success using the HP Color LaserJet Pro series of printers over the years. That may be a good place to start looking, but whichever printer you wind up choosing should work very well with these labels.

Unfortunately, we don't currently offer any jewelry labels for use in roll label printers. We could potentially add something like this to our product line in the future, but at this point these products will be available on sheets only.

If you'd like to try any of our different material types or jewelry label configurations before placing an order you can request samples by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you require any additional information please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: ricardocanales5
#3 Posted : 8/19/2020 3:41:48 PM(EST)
ricardocanales5

United States

Thank you very much, but which one of the HP Laserjet Pro series printers you think is the best to start? Also, other than HP, is there other brand of printers that you recommend?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:56:15 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : 8/20/2020 10:53:20 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I use the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 as my primary day-to-day laser printers, both for standard document printing and for printing labels. Both printer models are a few years old at this point and have been discontinued in favor of newer models. HP tends to release new models every year with updated features and at a variety of different price points. Based on feedback I've received from customers using the newer models they should offer excellent performance with our laser label materials as well. I've had very positive experiences with all of the HP LaserJet printers I've had the opportunity to use over the years.

As far as other brands go, I've used a variety of printers from Brother, Canon, OKI, Lexmark, and Ricoh. Brother laser printers are very popular, and I've had good experiences with them for the most part, but I have run into the occasional feeding issue when printing on certain weatherproof and foil label materials. These issues can usually be overcome by tinkering with printer settings. Performance on paper based materials is typically excellent. I've had good experiences with the other manufacturers listed above, but given the choice I'll always use my HP LaserJet printers first.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else please just let me know.