Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/1/2020 11:20:38 AM(EST)
LaceyS

Hi there!

I have a couple of specialty fonts that I downloaded/ purchased and are installed on my computer, however, they are not appearing in Maestro as available options. I've looked until All Fonts and Installed Fonts, and neither of my 2 fonts are there.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks so much :)

Lacey
#2 Posted : 9/1/2020 12:26:10 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Certain specialty fonts may have compatibility issues with Maestro Label Designer, but the very first thing to check would be whether your browser has Adoble Flash enabled. Please visit the Maestro Label Designer compatibility checklist at the link below to determine if Adobe Flash is enabled:

https://maestro.onlinela...uirements-checklist.aspx

If you are failing the Flash Player test, you may have Flash Player installed on your computer, but it may be disabled for our site in your browser. In this scenario, clicking on the "Learn how to install or enable Adobe Flash" link on the compatibility checklist page should provide you with specific instructions for enabling Adobe Flash within your specific browser.

If the test is showing that Adobe Flash is already enabled then there may be a compatibility issue with the specific fonts and Maestro Label Designer. If that's the case we'll need to get more information about the fonts and the browser you're using to check for any potential solutions.

Just let me know what the compatibility checklist says and we'll be happy to assist.
#3 Posted : 9/1/2020 12:59:30 PM(EST)
LaceyS

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I passed the compatibility checklist. I made sure Adobe flash was enabled and not blocked :/

My fonts are Waza and Ovo.

I'm using Chrome.

I truly appreciate all your help!

Lacey
#4 Posted : 9/1/2020 2:33:24 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Thanks for the additional details! Are you able to see any of your other locally installed fonts in the "Installed Fonts" section within Maestro Label Designer or is that section empty?
#5 Posted : 9/1/2020 4:36:42 PM(EST)
LaceyS

Yes,there are a lot of other fonts under the installed fonts.
#6 Posted : 9/2/2020 1:46:24 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

If your other fonts are appearing in the installed fonts list and seem to be functioning correctly, the two fonts that you're missing are likely incompatible with Maestro Label Designer. While most font styles are compatible the program does have trouble rendering certain highly stylized fonts.

You may want to try opening Maestro Label Designer in a different browser. The Adobe Flash plugin tends to differ somewhat from browser to browser, and we have seen instances where a font will appear in certain browsers but not in others. If you do decide to try a different browser just make sure to enable Adobe Flash within that browser before looking for your fonts.

As a workaround, you could potentially create the necessary text in a program like Microsoft Word and then take do a screenshot of the text. Once the desired text is saved as an image you could upload the image into Maestro Label Designer and add it to your design that way. It's not a perfect solution, but I do know that other users have gotten around incompatible fonts that way.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#7 Posted : 9/2/2020 2:19:24 PM(EST)
LaceyS

Hi there, do you have any other guidance on this issue? I've tried restarting Maestro and the fonts are just not getting picked up.
Thanks in advance! :)
#8 Posted : 9/2/2020 3:38:27 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

If you haven't tried opening Maestro Label Designer in other internet browsers I would definitely try that. I'd open the program in Firefox and Internet Explorer to see if the Adobe Flash plugin on either of these browsers is capable of rendering your missing fonts. Just make sure you've enabled flash in each browser before looking for your fonts.

I've spoken to the software developer and they did let me know that in rare cases certain fonts just won't work with the program. This issue is usually limited to highly stylized specialty fonts. If you've tried multiple browsers and still aren't able to locate the fonts it's likely that they're incompatible with Maestro Label Designer. In this scenario, your best bet may be to use the screenshot workaround that I referenced in my previous post to import your desired text as an image.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news regarding the compatibility of your fonts. Hopefully we'll be able to support more specialty fonts within Maestro Label Designer in the future.
#9 Posted : 9/3/2020 10:08:56 AM(EST)
LaceyS

I see, Thank you for your help Josh!
#10 Posted : 5/25/2023 10:54:06 PM(EST)
Hitch

United States

I'm having Issues with the fonts again and again and again. They are compatible as they have been used on here before, it seems with every update this happens. Is there ever going to be a fix for this? Each day this program gets "Dumbed Down" and works less effectively. It like using Avery all over again........So a bit of help would be grand please.
#11 Posted : 5/26/2023 8:24:53 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your system fonts while using Maestro Label Designer, but I'll be happy to help get this resolved for you. You can click here to access our article on installing fonts and our font finder extensions for some of the more popular internet browsers. Installing the extension, if you haven't already, is quick and easy. The fonts currently installed on your computer will automatically appear below the preset fonts in the "Font Family" dropdown.

If you've already installed the extension, but are not seeing your fonts, try reinstalling the font on your computer. Any updates to your browser or operating system could potentially cause the fonts to not appear in Maestro Label Designer.

To better address the issues you're seeing, would you confirm the operating system, internet browser, and fonts you're attempting to use? Are the fonts not appearing in the list or are they not being displayed properly in the template?