Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/27/2020 2:09:38 PM(EST)
saricastudio

United States

Hi, I was wondering if someone has a suggestion for printing stickers on Clear Matte Sticker Paper. I recently ordered a new batch and the quality of it has changed to be different than the old Clear Matte Stickers last year. The feel of it is much rougher, for instance. Aside from that, the colors of the stickers are vastly different when I print them out. They have a deep blue/purple undertone to everything I print on this particular sticker paper. The printer I am using is Canon PIXMA PRO-100, and the print setting I use is Photo Paper Pro Luster. If anyone could help me out with a suggestion or solution, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
#2 Posted : 9/28/2020 12:35:34 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. Towards the end of last year, the supplier of the inkjet topcoat for our clear matte inkjet product notified us they were adjusting the method by which they apply the topcoat to material. The actual components of the topcoat didn't change at all, but the new application method resulted in a more textured finish than what existed previously. The reason for this small adjustment was to improve the drying time and print durability on this material.

When we tested the smoother finish material compared to the updated material with the more textured finish we were able to determine that the textured stock did dramatically improve the drying time and print durability. If you're experiencing a difference in print quality or color output when using the new batch you'll likely just need to make some simple adjustments to your print settings. The more textured finish on the newer batch of material provides better absorption which helps with drying time and print durability, but it does have a tendency to make the material a little more "thirsty" compared to the smoother finished stock. This just means the print settings may need to be optimized to output a higher density of ink.

When using Canon PIXMA inkjet printer models I've found that I've experienced the best results when using the matte photo paper type setting. In addition, most of the Canon PIXMA Pro models include an ink intensity setting. Increasing the ink intensity or even the print quality setting should provide brighter, more vibrant prints when using the clear matte inkjet material. You may not be able to match the color output identically, but adjusting these settings should definitely provide you with results that you're happier with.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: saricastudio